Director, Programmatic Advanced Video
Sony PicturesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Programmatic Advanced Video
The Director, Programmatic Advanced Video, Sony Pictures Television Networks is responsible for managing automated video ad sales across Playstation Vue, Crackle, and other brands within SPT Networks. Reporting into the VP, Global Revenue Operations, SPT Networks, the Director will partner with trading desks, DSP's, advertising agencies and brand teams to drive programmatic revenue around premium video. This role will also serve as programmatic subject matter expert for the SPT Networks direct sales team as they work directly with brands and agencies on strategic account growth opportunities and programmatic direct.
The Director will be well versed in marketplace automated buying and selling, video advertising, audience targeting and programmatic transaction deal fulfillment. The Director will be adept at managing short-term requests with a solution-oriented approach and working with the buy side and internal ad tech teams to move deals forward. Additionally, the director will identify and prioritize market requirements and plan for long-term capabilities with product and ad tech internal and external stakeholders.
Overall, this individual will play a leading role for SPT Networks around advanced video automated buying and selling and ensuring the business progresses in an evolving ad market through revenue growth and client satisfaction.
• Identify, target, and acquire new programmatic business revenue.
• Build a new business development pipeline; prioritize and move deals through channel
• Ability to negotiate rate, volume; structure term sheet and partner with Legal to document agreement (e.g Master Service Agreement)
• Develop and cultivate relationships with trading desks and DSPs
• Fulfill and meet quarterly revenue targets as set by management.
• Drive new Private Marketplace revenue and coordinate cross-functional teams from Sales, Account Services and Ad Tech Operations to ensure optimal campaign delivery, performance, and execution.
• Identify and prioritize potential improvements and changes that can be added to the product roadmap that can help grow revenue and reputation of the Sony portfolio of products.
• Work with internal platform and supply stakeholders to connect the needs of our various customer constituencies and project manage the end to end execution of complex use cases (i.e. DMP media and analytics),
• Partner with the VP Global Revenue Operations to develop programmatic sales materials, documentation, training and education for our external and internal stakeholders emphasizing the capabilities and expectations for our programmatic offerings.
• Travel to agencies, trading desks, and brand clients outside of the east coast as needed.
• Attend key industry events and represent Sony as a leader in TV and Video.
• Partner with direct sales on strategies to grow their accounts through programmatic or close new business
• Lead general education on automated buying and selling and business capabilities for direct sales and account services.
• 5 years of experience working in a media business development or sales organization
• Experience with programmatic advertising, educating brands, agencies and trading desks around programmatic advertising.
• Proven track record of building relationships in the media/advertising industry.
• Strong set of existing relationships with trading desks, brands and agencies at all levels.
• Familiarity with ''best in class'' DSP and SSP platforms
• Ability to utilize data for solutions ; adept at ad-serving prioritization and ability to impact yield.
• Keen understanding of industry audience targeting requirements from Nielsen DAR and comScore vCE to 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data and behavioral.
• Understanding of viewability tools such as MOAT and IAS.
• Knowledge of video advertising across all platforms – gaming console, desktop, mobile and OTT/CTV.
• Exceptional consultative and solution-driven relationship skills.
• High energy, self-motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
• BA/BS degree required
• MBA Preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - NY - New York City