Director, Production Crackle
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Production Crackle
Sony Pictures Television Networks seeks an experienced physical production executive to join the Crackle Original Programming team as Director of Production. The Director of Production will oversee the networks scripted/unscripted programming and movie production. Provide compelling production value to meet creative expectations by communications, critical thinking, staying current on trends and support cross functional teams.
Crackle, a unit of Sony Pictures Television, programs Hollywood movies, popular TV shows, original series and feature films for the world's connected audience. The streaming TV network houses a robust library of original programming available anytime, anywhere on every connected device.
The Director of Production will be based in Los Angeles and report to the SVP of Programming and SEVP of Production.
• Lead, manage and supervise production teams, foster healthy and productive environment, collaborate with internal departments and work with senior management to forecast business operations.
• Forward-thinking executive who can establish systems and processes for working with cross-functional departments in producing compelling and commercial content.
• Ensure the most efficient, effective and economically viable methods are used across all phases of production.
• Collaborate with Development team to originate production plans, manage production(s) and supervise post production process
• Collaborate with internal departments (ad-sales, marketing, PR, programming, distribution, etc) to ensure healthy communication and follow-through
• Ensure creative expectations are met across all phases of production (prep, production and post)
• Work with Development team to understand goals and objectives, provide a forum for internal feedback on production concepts, strategies and process
• Supervise and manage production staff, facilitate accountability, develop talent and manage department responsibilities
• Draft and publish initial production budgets, schedules and planning documents.
• Continually monitoring all projects in progress with regard to schedule, budgets, update meetings, etc. Report any schedule and budget challenges and provide solutions.
• Solve budgetary issues while maintaining the creative integrity of the program.
• Research, analyze and identify each state's and International locale's tax incentives, rebates, and film crew availability to get the best team working on projects and the best financial benefit for SPTN.
• Working closely with colleagues within the organization to manage each project efficiently from pre-production though the show launch.
• Stay abreast of new developing digital production technologies, work flows and new cameras.
• Research, analyze and identify alternative production methods/ models for business
• Serve as the primary liaison with production, consult throughout planning, scheduling, budgeting, hiring and shooting process
• Manage, identify and report production issues and challenges
• Solve production issues while maintaining the creative integrity of the program.
• Work with ancillary departments at Sony to ensure compliancy across all phases of production
• Work with Business Affairs to successfully negotiate deals with new Producers/ Third Party Production Companies/ Consultants.
• Research, source and hire production companies and freelancers
• Review Production Reports, Hot Costs, and Cost Reports on a daily basis.
• 8 years of production executive/management experience with an emphasis on scripted programming. Unscripted production experience a plus.
• In depth understanding of production (prep, shooting and post)
• Experience working on set in a leadership role
• Experience working with unions (WGA, DGA, PGA, IATSE, SAG, etc) and New Media side letters.
• Budgeting and Scheduling
• Experience managing a team, establishing process and budget oversight
• A leader who is organized and assertive
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Takes responsibility & ownership for tasks and works independently to achieve goals
• A strong understanding of the television and feature production processes
• Proven track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clients.
• A high integrity level and a passion for, and caring about, the quality of programming that airs on the network.
• Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines.
• The ability to work at the strategic level as well as operating day-to-day activities.
• Extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize.
• Team building skills that develop people to their fullest potential.
• Excellent communications and relationship skills.
• Travel required (need valid passport)
• Multi-lingual a plus
• Bachelor's degree preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios