Director, Digital Marketing Performance - Motion Picture Group
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Digital Marketing Performance - Motion Picture Group
The Director of Digital Marketing Performance (''DM Performance Director'') will be responsible for Digital Marketing performance broadly, orchestrating the end-to-end planning & execution process with SPE (across digital, marketing, research, distribution, studio, etc.) and its agency, publisher, and ad tech partners, owning gains over time on KPIs for both digital marketing efficiency (reducing sub-optimal ad spend) and effectiveness (growing awareness, conversion and box office sales contribution for the same spend).
The DM Performance Director will collaborate deeply with studio-aligned digital directors, who focus primarily on aligning film objectives – unique for each film – with digital strategies. Distinct from these studio-aligned directors, the DM Performance Director will oversee digital performance across studios/films and over time with the purpose of perfecting and evolving the execution of digital marketing and growing investment in digital marketing.
Tactically, the DM Performance Director will execute against these goals by acting as the 'champion' of best-practice evolution & implementation across activation channels, and owning SPE's Digital learning agenda and coordinating its evolution year-over-year.
As the best-practice champion, the DM Performance Director primary KPI will be digital-specific performance gains, assuring alignment across agency teams and activation partners with SPE best-practice ('golden rules,' set-up checklists, reporting standards, etc). In parallel, the he/she will work to expand this digital expertise in an evolving best-practice playbook, embedding learnings from day-to-day operations and longer-term strategic discoveries from SPE studio-aligned teams and partners.
As owner of the digital learning agenda, the role will require the development of SPE Digital's yearly strategic learning agenda in conjunction with SPE digital leadership, the assurance of that agenda's cascade into the year's various campaign plans ('translating' high-level marketing goals into discrete tests and tactics) and the management of the end-to-end spectrum of Sony's agency & 3rd-party activation partners to ensure proper execution and analysis
Across responsibilities, the DM Performance Director will be a strong communicator, tracking objectives, shepherding them through campaign execution and sharing learnings across numerous internal and external stakeholders.
For success in this role, it is imperative the DM Performance Director be ambitious, self-starting, disciplined and comfortable in cross-functional project management. He/She will manage diverse digital initiatives, with a wide aperture of engagement models across numerous internal & external teams.
• Longitudinal campaign performance management: The DM Performance Director will be responsible for ensuring the SPE best-practice implementation standards (maintaining checklists, 'golden rules,' campaign timelines and other best-practice) successfully and consistently across campaigns and releases. The DM Performance Director will work directly with studio-aligned Digital Directors and all agency partners, acting as the primary point of accountability to ensure plans are properly followed and executed.
• Learning synthesis: The DM Performance Director will act as a synthesizer of digital learning building an agenda of strategic initiatives, incorporating broad, top-down questions (from VP/SVPs), lead-generation & PBM-activation tactics (from the PBM Mgr.), allocation & advanced analytical priorities (from Digital Marketing Measurement Manager) & exploratory, industry-innovation experiments (from agency). The DM Performance Director will act as consolidation point for these inputs, synthesizing learning goals into an achievable set of prioritized tests, mapped to campaign plans.
• Learning campaign management: From planning, configuration, in-flight media to post-campaign read-out, the DM Performance Director will manage the integrity of the end-to-end process, ensuring learning agenda items from upfront yearly planning are embedded in media plans, set up properly, protected amidst plan changes, optimized as needed and meaningfully measured.
• Championing digital evolution and growth: The DM Performance Director will promote the evolution of digital success by curating the SPE Digital playbook – a 'living' and socialized compendium of intelligence, to be expanded as tests uncover actionable insights and best practices for future campaigns. The DM Performance Director will use the playbook to align agencies and vendors behind SPE standards frequently socialize successes and learnings. The DM Performance Director will also champion key discoveries across Sony and upward to leadership with the intention of growing Sony's investment into digital marketing.
• Bachelor's degree
• Master's degree
• 8-10 years of experience ( 2-4 years of specialty; 1-2 years of managerial)
• Participates or advises management on budget
• Digital media/marketing landscape – with a focus on addressable strategies
• Advertising technology, including 3rd party ad-serving and tag management solutions, audience buying platforms and methodologies, digital KPIs
• Translating strategic business objectives into consumer-centric engagement tactics
• Communication: working directly, frequently, with numerous teams to execute these tactics successfully against business goals
• Strong project management skills (e.g., building & rigorously tracking work plan, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, in-flux environment)
• Significant experience communicating technical material to range of audiences, including brands, corporate leadership, technology partners, and agencies
• Ability to drive initiative through cultural norms to achieve goals
• Think creatively to support projects and initiatives with little direction
• Act as a credible authority across engagements, ensure partner standards-compliance
• Work collaboratively & laterally across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios