Creative Director, U.S. Networks
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Director, U.S. Networks - Sony TV
The Sony Pictures Television US Networks (USN) Creative Director is responsible for the brand strategy and execution of all US Networks brands: Sony Movie Channel, Cine Sony, GetTV, prospective channel launches/acquisitions. He/she is an expert at communicating and executing a creative vision in alignment with promotional and business objectives. Responsibilities focus on moving picture deliveries, all video and motion graphics from secondary on-air events to network reels.
The Creative Director drives USN strategy & promotional planning, maximizing viewership with small-scale streamlined stunts and broader cross-platform campaigns based on research and internal analysis that help refine the networks and shape audiences over time. The Creative Director oversees the production of the monthly make-lists, striking the right balance of tune-in, brand image, and campaign/event spots. The position also manages the Sr. Manager of Media Strategy & Planning in determining how to roll out the mix of spots.
The Creative Director drives creative communication with the Sony Pictures Television Networks in-house production agency, Creative Center (CC), and serves as primary point of contact between Creative Center and US Networks Programming, Marketing and Ad Sales teams. The individual benchmarks the workflow, productivity, technical quality and creative output of the Creative Center team.Additionally, the Creative Director must understand technical operations and infrastructure and serve as the key point of contact between the uplink facility and USN in matters relating to delivery of on-air promotions content as needed.
The Creative Director is responsible for all aspects of the USN on-air brand and strategy with an emphasis on creative quality, alignment, and promotional planning.
• Work with USN executives to establish proper communication and processes between departments to ensure cohesive campaigns across all platforms.
• Liaison with SPT Global Marketing Department. Work on global Sony priorities/synergies, and any big picture future branding initiatives such as graphics packages. In addition, share best practices and get best practices through them.
• Manage the Sr. Manager, Media Planning and oversee the planning and strategy for the linear networks to ensure promotional efficiency.
• Maintain the on-air image and branding of the USN channels (Sony Movie Channel, Cine Sony Television, GetTV) consistent with their Brand and Voice guidelines.
• Collaborate with the Vice President of USN Marketing to ensure on-air and off-air brand alignment.
• Supervise production of on-air/video materials for Marketing, Distribution, and Ad Sales.
• Track budgets and expenses as needed.
• Lead and coordinate promotional campaigns with agencies, design studios, and production companies.
• Creative direction to the in-house agency team
• Maintain the unique brand voice of each US Networks Channel
• Deliver objectives and directions per project with monthly workload/allocation
• Daily creative direction and guidance for in-process projects
• Weekly/monthly staff meetings to review past work and discuss future projects
• Train content creators on Brand Voice for each US Networks channel
• Write Creative Briefs for on-air projects
• Generic, episodic and monthly promotions
• Launch campaigns, Stunts, Program and interstitial packaging and Graphic elements
• Quality of creative output
• Final approval of all on-air content produced by the in-house agency and any third party vendors
• Direction and review of scripts (copywriting) and voiceover production
• Review all on-air promotions Masters before delivery to air (technical and creative) Operations
• Quality of technical output
• Ensure broadcast standards are maintained consistent with the standards established by the uplink facility
• Minimum of 7 years in television; 3 years of experience leading a creative team
• Hands on Production and/or Post Production experience and ability to Edit/Produce on-air promotions using non-linear systems
• Comprehensive understanding of: Practical Production, Workflow process, Time management, Creative Brief process, Script writing and review.
• Technical knowledge of industry best practices production workflows
• Strong creative leadership
• Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• An independent thinker who is very much a team player and willing to be accountable for projects overseen
• Exceptional concept, design and visual skills
• Understanding of compliance issues
• Knowledge of cable markets
• Fluency in Spanish and English a plus
• Strong grasp of managerial and budgeting principles
• BS/BA preferred, related field
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios