Summer Intern - At Provident Music Group
Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Do you dream of working in the music industry? Are you a fan of Christian music? Maybe you would just love to spend your internship in an creative environment with a casual atmosphere to see how the business works. If so, check out our internships. Provident's internship programs offer students the opportunity to be exposed to the operations of a major entertainment company to gain insight into the inner workings and the dynamics of the music industry.
Our internships are a great experience! See what recent interns have said about the internship program...
• ''Wherever I end up in the music industry, this internship has helped me develop a foundational understanding.''
• ''Finally getting the chance to pair my passion with actual experience has been something I will take with me forever.''
• ''I learned so much about the industry that I never knew. I feel like I grew as a person and gained valuable insight.''
• ''I can use these skills in any job I obtain. There are skills that can't be taught in a classroom.''
• ''This internship has provided me with real-life applications of marketing techniques and sales procedures; it's been a great way to learn how the business world works.''
• ''Before, I was unsure what I wanted to do, but after a few weeks at Provident, I knew I couldn't do without the entertainment business in my future.''
• ''This program is extremely relevant and meaningful. The PMG experience has granted people like me the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of what the music industry has to offer.''
All interested candidates must be eligible to receive COLLEGE CREDIT from an accredited college, educational institution or university. Candidates should possess exceptional computer, written and communications skills. Familiarity of social networking sites preferred. Interest in the music industry is a MUST. Internships are unpaid and for academic credit only.
Applicants will be required to submit proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university internship program. All internships take place in Franklin, Tennessee.
ALL OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS must indicate when you intend to be in the Franklin area to do an internship. Travel and Housing are NOT provided by Sony Music.
Tell us in your cover letter what are your expectations by the end of an internship.
NOTE: If you are interested in applying for an internship during a different semester, that internship posting will be accepting applications closer to that semester.
Provident Music Group, a division of Sony Music, whose labels include Essential Records, Reunion Records, Essential Worship, Beach Street Records, and RCA Inspiration, is home to an artist roster which includes Brandon Heath (Faith Hope Love Repeat), Building 429 (Unashamed), Casting Crowns (The Very Next Thing), Matt Maher (Echoes), Third Day (Revival), Tenth Avenue North (Followers), RED (Gone), Steven Curtis Chapman (Worship and Believe), Tauren Wells (Hills and Valleys), Zach Williams (Chain Breaker) and many more. PMG also consists of Provident Films (“Woodlawn”, “War Room”, “Mom’s Night Out”, “Courageous”, “Fireproof”), Provident Distribution, Essential Music Publishing and Essential Artist Services.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.