Sr. Analyst, Royalty Operations
Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
Sr. Analyst in Royalty Operations
The Senior Royalty Analyst’s responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Review and interpret artist contracts
• Document findings and prepare appropriate schedules supporting data
• Prepare schedules to input terms into royalty system
• Ensure Products/Tracks are properly linked to contracts confirming accrual and pending clearance
• Calculate and analyze statements
• Review work of junior analysts
• Reconcile various Third Party Liability account balances on the artist ledger, including samples, overrides and other 3rd parties
• Prepare credit memos and adjusting entries
• Assist management throughout the rendering processes as needed
• Point of contact for various Label and Finance Management inquiries
• Special Projects as needed
• Knowledge and expertise with our basic Royalty systems (SAP, EROS, CARMA, GOLD, DIGITAL EXCHANGE, ARTS)
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of (2) years related royalty work experience
• Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
• EROS, and Access experience a plus
Decision Making & Problem Solving Skills
• Ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Initiative, always striving to improve things.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with different levels within the organization.