Spring Intern - Rights Management
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Video Services department is responsible for scaling our digital audio & video business; executing on a value proposition that drives client satisfaction, engagement, and revenue! As an intern, you’re eager to learn about the rapidly evolving world of YouTube and rights management, and would love to become familiar with YouTube’s Content Management System. You have a keen interest in learning more about large data sets and working in Excel.
As an intern you will learn how The Orchard:
• Uses internal tools to review content maintained in YouTube’s CMS (e.g. sound recordings, music videos) to ensure proper management of The Orchard’s digital assets on YouTube
• Resolves rights-related issues on YouTube, such as user disputes/appeals, 3rd party claims, and ownership conflicts, and communicates directly via email with YouTube users and Orchard employees
• Researches, analyzes, and resolves master rights conflicts at performance rights collections societies
• MUST be a college student enrolled in a class and receiving credit specifically for this internship. This is an unpaid internship. Interns will need to provide documentation verifying enrollment.
• Consistently punctual and able to adhere to a set schedule
• Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Basic knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets preferred
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.