Spring Intern - Acquisitions
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Orchard's Film & Television division handles acquisitions, theatrical and digital distribution of completed projects. The film division has distributed hit titles such as the Academy Award® nominated documentary Cartel Land, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Dior and I, Point and Shoot, The Overnight and Life, Animated and is currently working on releasing a number of upcoming theatrical films including Thelma, BPM (Beats Per Minute), I Love You, Daddy, and Kings, among others.
We are looking for a bright, creative, ambitious, self-starter with a winning attitude to join our Film Acquisitions department. Our intern will work closely with the department Coordinator to create materials for team use, perform research and other tasks as needed. This is a great opportunity to learn about film acquisitions, distribution and marketing as well as gain exposure to a vibrant, growing company.
• Organize all incoming submissions (scripts, finished films, etc.)
• Maintain internal database of ongoing acquisition content
• Research upcoming film projects in the marketplace daily through trades
• Research upcoming film festivals for acquisition potential
• Create fall festival grids and help strategize for team planning
• Create theatrical decks as needed for all internal teams
• Assist with reception / front desk as needed
• Participate in team screenings when possible
• MUST be a college student enrolled in a class and receiving credit specifically for this internship. This is an unpaid internship. Interns will need to provide documentation verifying enrollment.
• Excellent communication and writing skills is a must
• Proficiency in MS Office and Google Applications
• Knowledge of cloud storage systems (Google Drive, Box, etc.)
• Solid understanding of the entertainment industry
• Familiarity with the digital video market (i.e., iTunes, Netflix, Hulu) and film distribution a plus
• Passion for film/television
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.