Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for a Software Engineer to join our NYC (East Village) development team.
• Build amazingly crafted software and systems to provide our clients with a cutting-edge digital media management, delivery, and reporting/analytics suite.
• Participate in ongoing Sony platforms integration efforts to deliver next generation, full service distribution products.
• Collaborate with a talented team of engineers and designers.
• Work with new technology and tools in a highly-collaborative, Agile environment.
• Use industry standards and adopt new technologies to manage big data transformations and analysis.
• Advocate for best schema designs to manage Orchard’s master data to ensure scalability and flexibility.
• Familiarity with design patterns. Experience with microservices a plus.
• Agile & results-focused. Ability to work effectively on small, cross-functional teams following Agile development methodology (Kanban, Scrum).
• Experience designing and implementing scalable ETLs.
• Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs.
• Familiarity with relational databases and NoSQL databases.
• Familiarity with AWS is a huge plus (DynamoDB, Redshift, SWF, Lambda).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Love for music and film a plus.
• Full stack proficiency. We are polyglots, currently using Python, PHP and Ruby but open to the best tool for the job. Check out http://stackshare.io/the-orchard for a better idea of what we’re using.
Additional Orch Information:
• Tech Blog - Check out The Orchard’s tech blog: https://medium.com/orchard-technology.
• Project Work - At The Orchard, we’re happy to open-source software that helps the community. For instance, a few months ago, we built Garcon, a framework to help write distributed workflows that run on Amazon SWF: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Garcon.
About The Orchard®
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.