Senior Analyst, Insights & Reporting
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Analyst, Insights & Reporting is responsible for generating strategic insights through social, digital and consumer research tools as well as internal transactional data. The Senior Analyst will generate data-driven insights for Sony artists across labels in visually engaging presentation format. The Senior Analyst cross-utilizes quantitative and qualitative research sources to respond with accuracy and urgency to a large volume and wide variety of quick-turnaround ad hoc research requests.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Respond to a large volume of standard and custom internal Sony Music research requests by utilizing data from social listening tools, media tracking tools, proprietary survey tools and syndicated research covering emerging technology, lifestyle trends, music industry forecasts and artist awareness and appeal measures.
• Provide analysis of artist fan demographics, brands, media outlets, artist awareness and appeal ratings.
• Co-create, implement and analyze insights obtained from media tracking, social media and other survey platforms for Sony Music artists.
• Utilize mobile and web tracking tools such as App Annie to provide analysis on mobile digital behaviors and emerging consumer trends.
• Pro-actively identify lifestyle, media and advertising trends and make suggestions for artist promotions.
• Consolidate findings and recommendations into artist marketing presentations for product managers and label marketing teams.
• Identify consolidate industry-related implications from syndicated research tools such as eMarketer.
• Minimum three years experience in consumer/marketing research, social media measurement advertising planning, audience measurement or related field.
• Understand how to tell a story from data in a clear concise manner – orally, in writing, and in presentations.
• Strong understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research techniques – both in terms of design interpretation/analysis.
• Excellent verbal written communication skills.
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint and presentation design skills, including Photoshop.
• Experience using SPSS and/or crosstab tools to interpret survey data.
• Strong organizational skills comfortable handle multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency & speed, working well under tight deadlines.
• Have a “customer service” mentality to ensure the needs of labels, accounts and senior management are met in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• Passionate about music possess a strong knowledge of all bands/artists across a breadth of genres.
• Experience in music industry or media/entertainment strongly preferred.
• Bachelors degree with a concentration in Marketing / Consumer Behavior or Psychology preferred (or equivalent work experience).
• Be a team player.