Film Acquisitions Coordinator
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Reporting to the VP of Film Acquisitions, the Acquisitions Coordinator will be responsible for tracking, identifying and evaluating content for the Orchard's multi-platform releases.
The Coordinator will facilitate the process for film submissions to company by potential clients and will be responsible for upkeep of submissions tracking. Candidate will need to feel comfortable evaluating and screening submitted films and providing feedback to company.
The Coordinator will also manage the schedules of the Manager of Acquisitions, Manager of Development, and VP of Acquisitions, setting meetings with sales agents, and organizing festival travel and schedules.
Finally, Coordinator will also be responsible for communicating distribution services provided by company to potential filmmaker clients, sales agents, film reps and foreign distributors.
The role will involve working with the Acquisitions team to input essential information about films into CRM, and to work with the legal department to make sure that deal memos are uploaded and key deal points such as bonuses are tracked.
The ideal candidate will have a deep historical knowledge and love of film, as well as the ability to understand the current film distribution landscape and competitive marketplace. Candidate will need to be comfortable speaking with filmmakers about their work and explaining potential distribution options and strategies.
• Organizing, watching, and evaluating blind film submissions
• Maintaining tracking systems for all submissions, potential acquisitions, scripts, promos, films in development
• Researching feature length film content suited for distribution across multiple channels
• Communicating and pitching services provided by company to potential clients
• Inputting and tracking key deal points in CRM
• Organizing daily and film festival schedules for the Acquisitions Department
• Tracking box office, VOD, and awards bonuses for legal and accounting teams
• Liaising with sales team on key deal points, rights compliance, and marketing drivers.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Deep historical knowledge of film, both past and present, and love of film
• Ability to apply research and relationship skills to develop relationships
• Ability to evaluate films for quality and commercial viability, and to articulate their potential to the rest of the Acquisitions team
• Strong motivation to help filmmakers secure distribution
• Self-starter with the ability to multi task and work on several projects simultaneously
• Two plus years of industry work experience
• - Graduate from film school preferred but not required
About The Orchard®
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.