Director, Video Production
Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Sony Music Latin is a market-leading recorded music company that comprises some of the most important recordings in Latin music history.
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing/General Manager, the Director of Video Production will function as the representative for the Sony Music US Latin Label within the video industry. The incumbent will function as a video commissioner and will lead and oversee video content creation and delivery for a variety of developing and established artists on the active roster. At the core of this role will be the goal of maintaining a high standard for creativity and innovation while driving down production costs.
Utilize internal and external resources to lead video content creation and delivery, interfacing with various functions including marketing, A&R, business development, etc.
Solicit treatments for music videos, present options and seek approval of video treatments from company executives and artists.
Lead and/or create audiovisual content as required, including but not limited to official video clips, lyric videos, behind-the-scenes content, live sessions, electronic press kits, video IDs, among others.
Negotiate all aspects of video budgets including the artist logistics as well as director and production costs.
Oversee vendor bidding process as required.
Process and track expenses, invoices and acquisitions related to the department.
Manage video production calendars.
Supervise video recording agreements as well as production/director contracts and ensure delivery of all required legal documentation.
Liaise between label staff, artist management teams and directors/production companies.
Identify and build a network of directors and production companies.
Seek innovation in video creation and maintain awareness of visual trends across various media platforms.
Oversee editing sessions to completion.
Supervise the satisfactory delivery of final video masters to the production department.
Ensure videos comply with quality control and legal standards including any third-party logos or imaging captured in any audiovisual piece that would pose legal challenges.
Ensure integration of product placement and brand partnerships when required.
• At least 5-6 years of video experience, primarily leading the production side including working with artists, handling logistics, scheduling, budgets, finding photographers, etc.
• Must have an established network of video directors.
• Project management and budget management experience.
• Prior experience supervising video editors.
• Must have experience implementing video solutions that are cost-effective.
• Prior experience working in entertainment companies and/or production houses.
• Track record of effectively challenging artists to elevate their creative output.
• Knowledge of all video production elements including hardware, software, lighting and sound, and costs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and any other related software is desired.
• Knowledge of SAG-AFTRA rates and rules.
• A degree in video production or a related field is desired, but not required.
• Ability to travel and attend video shoots on nights and weekends when required.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in high-stress situations and meet strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.