Coordinator, Rights Management
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is a global distribution company supporting clients in the music and film space as they strive to grow their presence around the world. We are looking for an organized, self-motivated Coordinator to join our Rights Management team to help cultivate and scale our Video Services business, executing on a value proposition that drives client satisfaction, engagement, and revenue!
As a Rights Management Coordinator, you’ll work to ensure that our clients’ content is viewed by as many people as possible, earning revenue from viewed ads, and quickly resolve rights issues pertaining to client content. You’re impeccably accurate and detail-oriented while still able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize appropriately. You’re a fearless problem-solver that proactively pinpoints and reports on issues that arise pertaining to your daily tasks, and would love to become familiar with YouTube’s CMS and other streaming platforms. You have a keen eye for data and an appreciation for the spreadsheet, and you’re an excellent communicator who provides a high level of service both internally and externally. You’re driven, positive, and enthusiastic about joining a team where collaboration is key, and want to be part of a company at the forefront of the music and digital space!
• Research and resolve rights-related issues, such as YouTube conflicts, 3rd party claims, and user disputes
• Provide an extraordinary level of support internally, and for clients, rightsholders, and partners (e.g. YouTube) to ensure that content-related issues get resolved immediately (e.g. responding to inbound email requests)
• Maintain strong knowledge of proprietary platform technology (YouTube, SoundCloud), along with the processes that pertain to it (e.g. Content ID system, weekly fingerprint/delivery cycle)
• Review, update, and audit content maintained in YouTube’s CMS with a high level of detail, speed, and accuracy, all based on strict deadlines
• Work closely with team members and management, communicating issues and roadblocks pertaining to department projects and procedures
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• College degree preferred
• 1-2 years of work experience in data entry, customer service, or legal field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
• Keen eye and ear for audio and video content
• Consistently punctual and able to adhere to a set schedule
• Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Well-organized and attentive to detail
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
• Passion for, knowledge of, and appreciation for music!
• Experience working in a CMS such as YouTube or Vevo
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.