Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a content driven company, Runway is looking for a Content Director capable of taking lead on the
production of both long form and short form pieces for our artists and label. There will be an emphasis on
development and scale of the content department as a whole.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Oversee and commission the production of all video and photo production for our artists and label related content
• Manage production budgets with the artist's product manager
• Shoot and edit content
• Work with legal to manage video/photo production clearances.
• Disseminate larger content to create snackable pieces that can be used on multiple platforms (memes, photos, tweet copy, infographs, etc)
• Work with artists and Runway product manager to develop a content strategy/brainstorm content ideas
• Develop and oversee new original content series ideas for Runway owned properties in tandem with rest of Runway team
• Work with Runway marketing team to help create monthly social calendars by providing content
• Create, manage, and commission a network of creatives working in various mediums who can be used to create pieces for our artists and label (editors, shooters, animators, illustrators, social copy writers, etc).
• Hire new creators when ready to scale
• Manage the relationship between Sony Music's creative resources and Runway
• Work with the artists team to develop unique Brand Bibles for each artist, during each album cycle
• Oversee all content involving the Runway brand on or off owned properties
• Bachelor’s degree
• Skilled in the use of video production equipment
• Proficient in video and photo editing software
• 5 years of Visual production experience