College Marketing Representative
Sony MusicBoston, MA
Full Time Job
As a paid part-time employee for The Orchard, you’ll be an advocate for artists that The Orchard distributes through implementing digital and in-person marketing strategies. You’ll act professionally, courteously and respectfully while you promote 2-4 artists per month in your college town and on campus, as well as one-off promotions as they arise. You’ll be a tastemaker in your market by working with local businesses, record stores, DJs, promoters, campus organizations, etc. and your focus will be on new releases and tour support of an array of artists covering a wide range of genres.
- Create and drive awareness of our artists by liaising with and building relationships with influencers in your markets such as: your college radio station, DJs, campus groups, greek organizations, college newspaper and local sites/rags to exploit all opportunities for exposure such as reviews, radio plays and interviews
- Maintain a local Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram account that promotes the artists you’ll be working with, utilizing digital assets that are supplied to you
- Research & attend local and campus events that will best facilitate the promotion of our artists
- Research appropriate online sites, forums, networks for the target market for each artist
- Perform stock checks in local record stores
- Hang posters at record stores, lifestyle shops and on campus
- Attend competitive shows to hand out schwag
- Attend our artists shows to hand out promotional tools and get feedback
- Write a detailed report on your marketing & promotions accomplishments every 2 weeks, submitting photos of your physical marketing efforts and screenshots of your digital marketing efforts
- Maintain a local hit-list that contains contact information for key influencers, businesses, campus organizations, radio stations, etc. that you work with during your time as a College Marketing Representative
- You will gain real world music industry experience that will be a great addition to your resume.
- An opportunity to express your creativity in your concert/album reviews, as well as while brainstorming promotional ideas for various artists.
- Access to inside information that will improve your marketing outreach
- Free ticket(s) into our artists’ shows & possible meet and greet passes
- Build valuable relationships within your local music industry
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4 year university with a minimum of 2 semesters left in Boston.
- Must be able to manage your own hours and be accountable for the work assigned to you
- Availability of at least 10 hours a week
- A love of music and an understanding of how your peers discover and consume music
- A deep interest in the music business & marketing
- An active presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram - YouTube a plus
- Well-written and well-spoken
- Friendly, polite, persuasive and determined
- A digital camera
- Flexible scheduling for conference calls and tour coverage
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.