College Marketing Representative Urban / Pop
Sony MusicJackson, MS
Full Time Job
Responsibilities of a College Marketing Rep:
• Generate excitement for our artists through social media marketing & traditional grassroots marketing
• Partner with various campus organizations in order to increase awareness for specific campaigns and activations
• Willingness to build & grow new relationships throughout your market with influencers, music related groups, blogs, etc
• Set up and execute meaningful opportunities on or around campus for our developing artists
• Provide feedback on artists and/or projects on a regular basis
• Attend shows on behalf of Sony Music and provide detailed reports including videos, photos and general feedback of the performance
• Establish and maintain relationships with local lifestyle shops (cafes, venues, clothing stores, etc.) for marketing / visibility purposes
• Regularly submit recap reports of marketing efforts (3 to 5 reports a week)
• Contribute to marketing campaigns on the Sony Electronics side, focusing on products geared towards the college demographic
• Maintain timely communication with our NY based management team & participate in departmental bi-weekly conference calls
• Currently enrolled as a full-time Undergraduate college student with (2) or more years before graduation
• Knowledge & passion for the current Alternative / Indie Rock music scene
• Must live within 30 minutes of the city you are applying for
• Great time management and organizational skills
• Strong appreciation for music and a passion for discovering new music
• Must be willing to maintain timely communication with our management team in New York City.
• Need immediate access to a car, or reliable public transportation
• Computer, phone & camera are mandatory
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Sony Music U plays an essential part in the development of Sony Music's emerging artists and also assists in the roll out of established artists as well. Among the myriad of functions and responsibilities, our College Marketing Reps organize listening events, interact closely with various campus groups, independent record stores, lifestyle shops (skate shops, cafes, barber shops, clothing stores, etc.) and are also very active across social media platforms. We ask our reps to spread awareness for our priority projects via social media, therefore you will be asked to utilize your personal accounts. This is a part time role that requires a commitment of approximately 20 hours a week. The College Rep position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the world’s leading entertainment companies. We work with ALL Sony companies including but not limited to: Columbia Records, Epic Records, RCA Records, Legacy Recordings, Sony Masterworks, Sony Nashville & Sony Electronics.