Business Affairs Administrator
Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Provide assistance to the Business Affairs staff with regard to legal, copyright, licensing and royalty matters relating to Provident Music Group (PMG), RCA Inspiration (RCAI), and Essential Music Publishing (EMP).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Register all new products for PMG and songs for EMP with the United States Copyright Office.
• Create summaries of general provisions of all PMG and RCAI artist contracts.
• Compile label copy for PMG and RCAI releases and proof artwork for accuracy of label copy.
• Secure licenses and/or clearances for all physical products, digital products and promotional items
• Enter all projects and licenses for each project in the Record Maestro royalty system.
• Assist with song set-up in Music Maestro for EMP.
• Prepare and maintain files for all royalty payees for PMG, RCAI, and EMP (e.g., addresses, W9s, etc.).
• Prepare and maintain files for all PMG and RCAI contracts and products.
• Work with mechanical royalty payees to answer questions and resolve issues.
• Prepare contracts for all Provident video/photo shoots; file the necessary insurance documents for these events.
• Assist with review of all video submissions for incidental product placement, as well as other potential legal issues.
• Assist other Business Affairs staff members as needed with special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Serve on team of staff members who alternate filling in during receptionist’s lunch time and breaks.
• Bachelor's degree in Recording Industry or Music Business
• Working knowledge of music industry royalty accounting procedures and contract and copyright law (typically gained through an internship and at least 1 year experience in publishing, copyright, or business affairs)
• Outstanding written communication skills, including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
• Outstanding verbal communication skills, including good telephone skills and speaking voice
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proven organization skills including experience working on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including Windows-based applications; ability to learn new software packages as necessary; knowledge of Record Maestro and Music Maestro Royalty Accounting programs preferred
• Knowledge of administrative procedures and duties, filing and records management systems, and other office procedures and terminology
• Knowledge of numbers, their operations, and interrelationships when pertaining to day-to-day applications.
• Proven ability to exhibit a professional manner and maintain constructive working relationships with others, including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company
• Ability to meet deadlines, working on multiple priority tasks simultaneously; ability to maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
• Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time
• Ability to adapt behavior and manner based on expectations and needs of audience
• Ability to suggest and implement new systems for increased efficiency and accuracy of department
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment. Enjoy a fun and creative atmosphere in the music industry! Provident employees work in an attractive corporate environment in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, and receive outstanding benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, 401(k) match, free Provident artist CDs, AND 28 paid days off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year's Day). No relocation expenses will be paid.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a professional, diplomatic manner in dealing with others, conveying a service-minded approach in working with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company. Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job!
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.