Associate Product Designer
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are looking for a creative and skilled Associate Product Designer to join our team and cultivate a deep understanding of the user and create top notch designs that will be seen and used by the thousands of our users in the music and film industries.
• Design clean and most importantly usable web interfaces used throughout our suite of products
• Creating and evolving our design systems including iconography, color and typography
• Maintain products appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards
• Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
• Create visual collateral including marketing materials and presentations
• Portfolio demonstrating strong skills in UI design, typography and grid systems required
• Must be detail oriented, organized and hardworking
• Must be able to articulate design decisions
• Experience with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign
• Experience creating prototypes using InVision
• Experience creating decks in Keynote, PowerPoint and Google Slides
• A team player with strong communication skills
• Experience with HTML/CSS a plus
• Experience with motion graphics a plus
About The Orchard®
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.