Associate Director, Digital Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Employee is responsible for developing campaigns with an emphasis on artist content/brand development. This position will work with artists/management and RED MUSIC marketing/label colleagues to develop strategies and implement high impact one-of-a-kind social media, web and streaming campaigns. Employee will act as a central marketing point on multiple concurrent pop and urban projects from initial conception through album cycles as well as maintaining off cycle artist social media and digital presence.
• Work with artists, management and label colleagues to devise and implement innovative, attainable and successful digital strategies
• Oversee the day to day responsibilities of the digital marketing team and all campaign execution
• Liaise with internal Product Managers and resources to create content calendars across multiple platforms to support social media activation
• Create artist visual branding including social skins and website landing pages
• Participate in social fan conversations surrounding artists through leadership of social media monitoring, response and reporting
• Manage agencies and RED MUSIC marketing services to build compelling social media and interactive experiences that build fan loyalty, drive traffic and support sales
• Create and execute strategies to increase artist marketing databases (CRM)
• Develop and nurture relationships with relevant partners (i.e. social media outlets, blogs, influencers, curators, etc.) to secure coverage for artists and round out overall marketing efforts
• Engage with account base from an editorial and campaign driven standpoint
• Create and distribute marketing plans/reports
• Analyze radio, sales, and consumer response data to make informed marketing decisions
• 3-5 years of experience in the music industry and digital marketing
• Strong interest in online marketing and technology
• Knowledge and ability to balance music marketing savvy with attention to detail, follow up and execution on a multiple project level
• Expert in social communication and working with digital platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Musical.ly, etc.
• Understanding of Streaming platforms including: Spotify, Apple Music, Google, Amazon, Pandora, SoundCloud, Deezer, etc.
• Excellent editorial skills and proven success