Licensing & Income Tracking Analyst
Sony/ATV Music PublishingNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Sony/ATV Music Publishing in Nashville is seeking to fill the position of Licensing & Income Tracking Analyst.
The Licensing & Income Tracking Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
• Work with Licensing, Income Tracking, and Information Technology departments to build and progress enhancements to internal systems
• Work with Licensing and Income Tracking Department Heads to maintain efficient workflows between the two departments
• Collaborate with Licensing and Income Tracking staff to increase efficiencies in achieving departmental tasks
• Collaborate with Licensing and Income Tracking staff to increase efficiencies in maintaining and tracking charting, sales and license data
• Oversee upload and maintenance of licensing data for physical, digital download, streaming and various other license types
• Evaluate, plan, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, and output
• Assist with ad hoc requests/projects
A qualified candidate must possess the following skills:
• Proven ability to quickly learn systems and apply technical solutions to increase efficiencies
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance work between multiple departments
• Deep understanding of copyright economics and industry standard accounting principles and practices
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical ability
• Advanced proficiency of various computer applications such as MS Excel and MS Access, with the ability to quickly learn programs that work with large volumes of data
• Minimum 3 years mechanical licensing, income tracking, and/or other related experience required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Sony/ATV Music Publishing, established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and Michael Jackson, is the world's leading music publisher. Together with EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV owns or administers more than 3 million copyrights including those from such iconic music catalogs like Leiber & Stoller, Mijac Music, Motown and Famous Music. Sony/ATV also controls many of the best known songs ever written like ''New York, New York'', ''Hallelujah'', ''All You Need Is Love'', ''You've Got a Friend'', ''Moon River'', ''Jailhouse Rock'', ''The Mission Impossible Theme'', ''Ain't No Mountain High Enough'', ''Over the Rainbow'', ''Stand By Me'', ''I Heard It Through The Grapevine'' and ''Singin' in the Rain''. In addition, Sony/ATV represents the copyrights of such legendary artists as The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Richie Sambora, Sting, The Supremes, Wyclef Jean, Hank Williams and Stevie Wonder, among others. Its ever-growing list of chart-topping artists, writers and producers includes Akon, Avicii, Calvin Harris, Jessie J, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, P!nk, RedOne, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Stargate, Taylor Swift, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online