Administrative Assistant, A&R & Business Affairs
Sony/ATV Music PublishingCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sony/ATV Music Publishing Los Angeles is seeking a detail-oriented, highly motivated, and career-minded Assistant to support an A&R Executive and a Business & Legal Affairs Executive. The candidate must be able to work well in a fast paced environment, have the ability to multi-task and be knowledgeable of music as a whole. Major duties of the job will include answering heavy phone volume, booking travel, maintaining various and sensitive legal documents, and occasional contract and correspondence drafting.
The Business and Legal Affairs portion will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with administrative tasks including telephone coverage, email correspondence, scheduling of meetings, and maintenance of contacts list
- Handle travel arrangements and expense reimbursement
- Create and maintain follow-up system for agreement negotiations
- Process publishing agreements by securing internal approvals, managing payment requisitions, and summarizing and distributing completed publishing agreements
- Draft correspondence and short agreements for attorney review
- Create, maintain, and access business and legal affairs files
- Retrieve historical documents from OTG system and off-site storage
- Field inquiries from attorneys and other outside contacts regarding status of negotiations, payments, etc.
The A&R portion will have the following responsibilities:
- Create, update, and distribute various departmental documents used in multiple creative meetings for the A&R staff
- Responsible for booking travel for writers/artists while keeping track of their overall demo/travel fund balances
- Responsible for answering phone calls and keeping daily phone logs
- In charge of organizing and compiling all data for supervisor's monthly expenses, compiling their expense reports, and arranging all aspects of their domestic and international travel and meetings
- Responsible for organizing co-writing sessions, obtaining and submission of songs & split information for various writers signed out of the west coast
- Arrange music supervisors showcases and album launch parties to introduce clients to new artists and music
- Book travel and lodging arrangements
- Manage music files (digital and physical), including organization of submissions
- Pull radio and sales reports weekly to monitor artists and songs
- Assist in seeking new talent for the possible publishing deals via industry contacts, scouting internet sites, and attending shows if necessary
- Must love Music!
- Exceptionally organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle high volume of transactions and interact with various departments
- Ability to consistently work under pressure in a professional manner; excellent problem solver
- Ability to use analytical thought process to make fast paced decisions
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of employees including Sr. Management and Artists/Writers
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience required
- Minimum of one year business and legal affairs experience preferred
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude while working with department and outside contacts
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while prioritizing and meeting various deadlines
- High proficiency of various computer applications such as MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- College Degree preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
ABOUT SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING:
Sony/ATV Music Publishing, established in 1995, is the world's leading music publisher. Sony/ATV Music Publishing owns or administers more than 3 million copyrights, including those of EMI Music Publishing and iconic music catalogs such as Leiber & Stoller, Mijac Music, Motown and Famous Music. Sony/ATV also controls many of the best known songs ever written such as ''New York, New York'', ''Hallelujah'', ''All You Need Is Love'', ''You've Got a Friend'', ''Moon River'', ''Jailhouse Rock'', ''The Mission Impossible Theme'', ''Ain't No Mountain High Enough'', ''Over the Rainbow'', ''Stand By Me'', ''I Heard It Through The Grapevine'' and ''Singin' in the Rain''. In addition, Sony/ATV represents the copyrights of such legendary artists as The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Richie Sambora, Sting, The Supremes, Wyclef Jean, Hank Williams and Stevie Wonder, among others. Its ever-growing list of chart-topping artists, writers and producers includes Avicii, The Chainsmokers, Drake, Calvin Harris, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, P!nk, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Sia, Sam Smith, Stargate, Taylor Swift, Walk The Moon, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online