Sim GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Uses technical abilities to ensure that all LTO tapes are completed in a timely manner and that all LTO's are QC'ed in accordance with Post Dailies + Rentals LTO quality control procedures. Communicate with direct supervisor on a daily basis to ensure that all LTO's created are logged, tracked and shipped to clients or client storage facilities
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead LTO technician for all LTO work in the local office.
• Participate in ongoing training of LTO procedures with LTO technicians in all Post Sailies + Rentals offices worldwide.
• Communicate with dailies supervisors and dailies technicians and manage the rotation hard drives containing Master media and/or dailies to be LTO'ed
• Responsible for verifying all media before writing the LTO.
• Create LTOs for any and all long format shows or commercials that requiring LTO'ing.
• Maintain system for producing and delivering LTO and all necessary elements, and ensure clients are receiving these in a timely manner.
• Oversee the master database of all LTO created during the course of production.
• Ensure that all LTOs are properly stored in Post Dailies + Rentals LTO safe.
• Be the primary point of contact for clients that are using our a la carte LTO'ing services.
• Continously research new ways to improve Post Dailies + Rental's system of LTO creation and tracking.
• Shipping of LTOs to clients.
• Use Post Dailies + Rental's strict LTO tracking paperwork to ensure accurate delivery and tracking is maintained and accounted for.
• Track and report the status of all LTO supplies and stock at the lab
• Answering calls from clients and providing customer support.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned.
• Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Company.
Clients and Technical Service:
• Ensure 24/7 technical support
• Ensure excellent customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective, timely manner
• Provide assistance and technical information to clients, potential clients and staff members when required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• College Diploma from a recognized Audio/Video/Film Production Course
• Proficiency working with AVID and FCP
• Work and practical experience in Audio/Video/Film Production Industry
• Ability to use, learn and implement new software and hardware.
• Decision Making / Problem Solving - Identifies an issue and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements them
• Customer Service Focus - Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person's experience with the Company
• Teamwork - Participates actively in a team to improve the Company's effectiveness
• Communication - Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company
• Innovation - Develops new ways and adapts existing products or processes to help the Company achieve its Mission and Vision
• Quality/Attention to Detail Focus - Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide excellent service delivery
• Accountability - Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relies upon to achieve results with little need for oversight
• Stress Tolerance - Functions in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
• Some physical effort may be required (i.e. some lifting of supplies and material)
• Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
• Some exposure to warehouse environment
• Overnight shifts may be required.
• Rotating shift work
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Sim is a leading supplier of studios, production equipment, workflow/dailies and post-production solutions. With offices spanning North America, Sim's team and services have supported features such as ''Deadpool'' and Oscar-winning documentary, ''OJ: Made in America,'' and hit series ''Game of Thrones,'' ''Mr. Robot,'' ''Stranger Things'' and ''Handmaid's Tale.''
Sim Studios supports TV series, feature films and commercial productions with over 400,000 square feet of first-class studio and production facilities in Vancouver. Sim Lighting & Grip provides services and equipment from hubs in Vancouver and Toronto; Sim Camera provides rental equipment and support from hubs in Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, Northern Ontario and Atlanta.
Sim Post provides an array of services from workflow/dailies, to online and offline editing, to final color/DI and visual effects, to sound editorial and mixing. Sim Hollywood is located in the former historic Eastman Kodak building, and provides the industry's only camera-through-post services venue. Sim is backed by Toronto-based investment firm Granite Partners. For more information, visit siminternational.com or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn @simcomplete.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online