Camera Engineering Technician Level III
Sim GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Use technical abilities to clean, test, maintain and repair rental equipment to conform to company quality control procedures and standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean, evaluate, repair and test specific models of equipment and systems including setup and alignment.
• Test, evaluate, document and make technical recommendations regarding new products and systems.
• Perform on-set technical support and system setups.
• Assist in the design, building, testing, documentation and implementation of rental equipment related modifications.
• Test, evaluate, document and approve all new firmware.
• Assist in the training of camera technicians from other Sim offices and make recommendations for further technical training and certification.
• Provide assistance and technical information to clients, potential clients and staff members when required.
• Report all damages or malfunctioning equipment to Rental coordinators and Director of Engineering and complete the required paperwork including LMD, fault reports, purchase orders.
• Effectively use R2 to track repairs, rental requirements and service schedules.
• Purchase tech room supplies and parts when required.
• Assist in keeping your personal work station and tech room clean and organized.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned
• Provide assistance and technical information to clients and staff members when required.
• Demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation of the mission, vision, and values.
• Work continually towards self-development to stay current on new technology, trends, procedures and practices.
• Submit detailed weekly activity reports.
• Ensure excellent customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective, timely manner.
• Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
• Carry a company issued cell phone and participate in the Company's on call rotation.
• Travel and work overtime when required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• College Diploma from a recognized Audio/Video/Film Production or Electronics Course.
• A minimum of ten years' work and practical experience in the Audio/Video/Film Production Industry.
• Proficiency working with Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use R2.
• Ability to use, learn and implement Electronics Principles to make repairs and adjustments to production rental equipment.
• Ability to establish effective relationships with customers and co-workers. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communicates in a through, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Decision Making / Problem Solving - Identifies an issue and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements them.
• Customer Service Focus - Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person's experience with Sim.
• Teamwork - Participates actively in a team to improve the Company's effectiveness
• Communication - Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company.
• Innovation - Develops new ways and adapts existing products or processes to help Sim achieve its Mission and Vision.
• Quality/Attention to Detail Focus - Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide excellent service delivery.
• Accountability - Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relies upon to achieve results with little need for oversight.
• Adaptability/Flexibility - adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
• Attention to Detail - ensures that standards for self, staff, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
• Development & Continual Learning - demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
• Stress Tolerance - Functions in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
• Some exposure to physical risk.
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Sim is a leading supplier of studios, production equipment, workflow/dailies and post-production solutions. With offices spanning North America, Sim's team and services have supported features such as ''Deadpool'' and Oscar-winning documentary, ''OJ: Made in America,'' and hit series ''Game of Thrones,'' ''Mr. Robot,'' ''Stranger Things'' and ''Handmaid's Tale.''
Sim Studios supports TV series, feature films and commercial productions with over 400,000 square feet of first-class studio and production facilities in Vancouver. Sim Lighting & Grip provides services and equipment from hubs in Vancouver and Toronto; Sim Camera provides rental equipment and support from hubs in Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, Northern Ontario and Atlanta.
Sim Post provides an array of services from workflow/dailies, to online and offline editing, to final color/DI and visual effects, to sound editorial and mixing. Sim Hollywood is located in the former historic Eastman Kodak building, and provides the industry's only camera-through-post services venue. Sim is backed by Toronto-based investment firm Granite Partners.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online