Summer Paid Intern - Program Marketing & Advertising
ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Paid Internship
The Intern will:
• Assist in all advertising tactics (print/TV/digital/outdoor/podcasts) and components of the marketing plan for the summer series (The Affair S4, SMILF S2, Ray Donovan S6) and any documentaries receiving marketing support.
• Track the competitive landscape and trends in the entertainment industry.
• Shadow managers and directors in planning meetings for fall/winter series to understand the marketing and advertising process.
• The role and function of Program Marketing & Advertising department at Showtime.
• The process of creating print, out-of-home, broadcast, and digital advertising tactics.
• The competitive landscape and trends in the entertainment industry.
• The components of a marketing plan for an Original Series, Showtime Documentary Films, and Specials.
Required: * Current undergraduate student (rising junior or senior) * Strong interest in Cable/Entertainment Industry * 2.50 GPA or above * Submission of a cover letter - required * Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint * Superior communication and interpersonal skills * Exceptional attention to detail * Ability to work at least 35 hours/week for 8 weeks from 6/11-8/3 * Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines * Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously * Ability to work and prioritize work assignments * Able to provide administrative support as neededPreferred: * Cable television experience a plus * Active participation in extracurricular activities; clubs; and/or associations. Leadership positions while maintaining an above-average GPA, a plus * Prior internship experience in a related field, a plus * Passion for entertainment and interest in advertising
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled