Webui Software Engineer
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
At Scripps Networks Interactive, our mission is to transform our customers' lifestyles across their food, home and travel journeys. We're seeking a WebUI Software Engineer to join our Digital Websites team at our Chelsea Market office location in New York City or at our headquarters in Knoxville, TN.
What you will be doing:
• Build standards-compliant, cross-browser/platform compatible web pages, integrating
front end code with server-side page templates and JSON APIs.
• Participation in Agile team processes: daily scrum, iteration planning, and team
• Development of internal prototypes aimed at testing products & features with test users.
• Collaborate with creative services designers, ad sales production and marketing, ad operations and team management to provide optimal experiences for both our advertisers and end users.
• Troubleshooting a wide variety of technical scenarios across production environments
• Communicate project status, risks, options etc. to technical and non-technical
• Occasionally provide after hours support
What you need to have:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Knowledge of web best practices related to page performance, security,
maintainability, browser compatibility, and user experience
• Experience with Restful Services, JSP and other server-side template libraries
• Distributed Version Control Systems
• Ability to prioritize requests from multiple customers/stakeholders
• Proficiency at communicating with non-technical stakeholders
• Strong sense of commitment, attention to detail and accountability for your work
• Ability to document specifications and processes with a keen eye towards
• Big Picture thinker with a focus on our customers and desired outcomes
• Always maintains a positive attitude and willingness to share ideas while learning from others
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Educational Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services