Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Production Manager in Knoxville, TN to join our Scheduling and Production Management team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Production Manager will manage multiple projects in various stages of production in a fast-paced environment. This extremely organized person will have a complete knowledge and understanding of all aspects of production, from concept to completion which includes studio and field production, editing, graphics, music composition and audio mixing. As Production Manager, you will be serving a wide range of clients from network brands to internal department requests and will work closely with the producing team to develop production plans and supervise implementation.
What you will be doing:
• Create, track, analyze and reconcile production budgets, as well as negotiate costs for equipment and freelance crews
• Develop and manage project schedules as well as create production packets and itineraries for shoots and onsite events
• Manage production details for live broadcasts and studio events for both internal and external clients
• Book and track projects with Media Pulse scheduling software
• Consistently monitor schedules and guide projects through the entire production and post-production process while communicating status to the client/Producing team on a regular basis
• Work with Risk Management for production insurance needs
• Facilitate contracts with the Legal team for various production services/vendors/equipment
• Manage onboarding of contractors through the company's third party payroll system
• Book travel for internal and external production staff and talent
• Submit and track invoices to accounts payable
• Establish new processes, procedures and methods that improve production outcomes
• Cultivate and maintain a service-oriented relationship and share common vision with client, both creatively and fiscally
• Ensure the availability of all needed production personnel and gear
• Resolve resource conflicts among creative and technical parties
• Perform other duties as needed and as directed by manager
What you need to have:
• Associates degree required from an accredited institution and/or 5 years of relevant experience
It's a plus if you have:
• BS/BA degree in broadcast, film or related field
• You have a consistent record of working independently and responsibly
• You have excellent communication and follow-up skills and can work on multiple projects in various stages of production in an extremely fast-paced environment
• You shine with a 'can do' positive attitude and love collaborating with multiple teammates
• You have impeccable organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail, and make sure to always dot your 'i's and cross your 't's
• You monitor timelines and adjust your work as needed, prioritizing the most important pieces to achieve incredible success
• You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Educational Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services