Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2018 12:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Operations Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Operations Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Operations Manager? Job Description:
The Spoon University community is made up of a network of thousands of contributors across hundreds of college campuses, joining forces to create amazing work together, learn from their peers and inspire their generation to eat more intelligently.
Spoon is looking for a detail-oriented Operations Manager to join our growing and food-loving team in Manhattan. Reporting to our Director of Operations, the Operations Manager will work on projects impacting the team (recruiting, culture, productivity), facilities, office management, accounting, general maintenance and reception. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to kick-start their career in the start-up space, further develop their operations skills and contribute to a fast-paced, fun-loving, dynamic environment.
• Bring our company values and strategy to life through programming, messaging and efficient processes
• Provide operational support to key leaders at Spoon including our two co-founders and our head of operations
• Anticipate needs before they arise to ensure that our team can be successful - from making sure the A/C is running to ordering office supplies
• Manage expense reporting, accounts receivable and accounts payable on a weekly basis
• Work closely with Scripps, our parent company, on accounting, facilities and legal
• Execute on organizational plan and structure; developing process maps and supporting documentation
• Coordinate internal and external meetings, including travel arrangements
• Support recruiting and HR efforts through organization and scheduling of candidates and interviews as well as assistance in onboarding and offboarding processes
• Coordinate and support development of content for team communications including All Hands meetings, trainings and updates
• Serve as an ambassador for Spoon through behavior consistent with that of our culture and through helping to plan and participate in company activities (both for business and for fun)
• Minimum 2 years prior experience in an operations or strategy support role
• Unparalleled organizational skills
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
• Highly proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs
• Understanding of routine accounting methods
• Ability to problem solve by thinking outside of the box
• Obsession with meeting deadlines
• Natural ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
o 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.