Intern - Editorial - Genius Kitchen
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This spring internship will begin on or after January 23, 2017 and end on or before April 14, 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create content for the Genius Kitchen website and associated platforms around food editorial and trending culinary topics
• Participate in content brainstorming meetings and help build photo galleries, articles, packages, and other editorial assets
• Source and program images and recipe content into Genius Kitchen CMS
• Review and approve Genius Kitchen user recipe and photo submissions
• Manage Genius Kitchen posting schedule on Pinterest
• Intern must be a rising or current junior, rising or current senior, graduate student, or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation date) at an accredited college/university.
• Applicants must have completed their sophomore year prior to the start of the internship.
• Must have previous internship experience and/or participated in college clubs/organizations, and/or in-depth coursework in a related field
• Legally eligible to work in the United States. Scripps Networks is unable to sponsor visas for interns. If you are an international student not already studying in the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa, then you have to go through a university or an outside organization (internship placement agency) that will sponsor your visa.
• Must have strong oral and written communications skills, as well as exceptional organization and planning skills
• You must include your anticipated graduation
• Must have an interest in the media and television industries
Areas of Study
About the Internship Experience
Scripps Networks Interactive is the perfect environment for talented, ambitious individuals who are looking to gain a competitive career advantage whether it's in the media industry or another field. We are a growing company with a diverse, inclusive and supportive culture that views its employees as its greatest resource and commits to investing in the best and brightest talent to propel our company forward. Our future depends on the vision, fortitude and positive initiative of our people to uphold an uncompromising standard that has made Scripps the Leader in Lifestyle Media.
All internships are approximately 12 weeks during which time you will learn from experience through hands-on projects, professional interaction and day-to-day operations. We invite talented individuals to bring their brightest ideas and contribute to the growth of a world leading media company. During your time with Scripps, we are confident that you will hone your skills, develop new ones and discover your true potential.
At Scripps Networks Interactive we want your passion, self-motivation, fresh ideas and forward-thinking perspective. In addition, we want positive attitudes and dedication to ensure your time and experience with Scripps is challenging, unique and contributes to your ongoing success, which might even continue with a longer-term opportunity with us.