Junior Software Engineer
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Spoon University is seeking a curious and passionate full stack engineer who can help us build tools to empower the next generation of storytellers. We're looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years software development experience who prides themselves on making things people love and who craves ownership over a product.
Our engineering team is responsible for building our best-in-class community building, training content creation and content delivery products. Our behind-the-scenes, community-facing tools are our real Secret Sauce: they organize and manage our hundreds of self-sufficient communities, offer training and ongoing education to our thousands of members and contributors, allow for content creation across mediums and channels, and offer real-time feedback through personalized analytics. At Spoon University, we believe in investing in the development of our contributors and members, who we see as our primary customers. This outlook drives our product roadmap and pushes us to build better consumer-facing products for our members.
Learning and mentorship are core to our values and to our organization, and this person should embody a sense of curiosity, openness and empathy that will bleed into the rest of the engineering team and the product.
• Minimum 3 years' software development or programming experience
• In-depth understanding of HTML5, CSS3
• Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
• Curiosity and initiative
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services