Digital Video Program Manager
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Digital Video Program Manager in Knoxville to join our team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
Ever thought of combining your passion of digital program management with your love of great lifestyle brands such as HGTV, DIY Network, Genius Kitchen and more? In this exciting role as a Digital Video Program Manager, you'll assist with development, schedules, budget, and communication of projects in a highly collaborative and progressive environment.
Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and join a team that handles many strategic projects for SNI. In this highly collaborative role, the project manager will work constantly with our software engineering, architecture, product, digital editorial, design, ad sales, and research teams, as well as third-party development vendors and service providers on the deliver and continuous improvement of over 40 mobile and connected device products. Join a team who enjoys building great products together, values a sense of humor and likes to have a little fun while they're at it! We spend a lot of time together, why shouldn't it be fun?
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for working on multiple projects in the areas of new product development, acquisition integration, data migration between systems, software system installation, application system enhancements, marketing initiatives, and RFP processes. This individual will facilitate, plan, manage, and lead cross-functional teams on these projects.
What you will be doing:
• Project planning, tracking timelines, status, budgets, dependencies, and resources, ticketing and backlog management, surfacing risks, and managing project completion with an engineering and design teams
• Continuous interaction with project, product, engineering, design, digital editorial, vendors, and other integrated teams
• Drive communications across multiple teams via email, meetings, messaging tools, and in-person representation
• Conduct strategic meetings that serve a purpose to drive projects towards fruition.
• Clearly articulating the issues at hand for what the team is trying to solve, being specific about priorities, issues, and obstacles.
• Collaborate to define feature/function requirements with team, and lead the delivery of priorities for each project
• Surface the status, resource, and schedule conflicts to relevant teams, managing in a timely manner and within context
• Adapt agile methodologies appropriately for project and scope
• Technical project management staff may conduct projects in any technical area of the online organization
• Manages a staff of technical project managers responsible for conducting the online organizations technical projects on time, within budget using project management best practices to ensure the highest level of quality
• Guides multi-disciplinary technology teams in the achievement of project objectives
What you need to have:
• Comfortable and experienced in leading project teams in an agile environment for mobile/web product development
• Proactive, Analytical, Adaptable, Technically suave problem-solver who plays well with other
• Propensity and history of self-development and continuous learning
• Proven track record of delivering value rapidly and completing projects
• Having a presence and taking command of a room, communicating to inspire others to want to do more
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
• Ability to collaborate with technology resources on projects given solid understanding of current internet technologies and trends
• Knowledge of industry best practices for technical documentation
• Ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals, including the use of data to drive improvements
• Excellent organization and time management skills are required
• Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills are key as well as data driven decision making
It's a plus if you have:
• BS/BA in related discipline (or equivalent experience) and at least 5 years of experience, including a supervisory or lead role
• Certification in some areas
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Educational Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services