Intern - Social Media
Santagato StudiosAstoria, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Veteran's Minimum Podcast via Santagato Studios
Industry - Social/Digital Media; Podcasts
Job Status - Internship
Salary - College Credit
The Veteran's Minimum Podcast is looking for a social media intern to help manage the social media branch of the company. As an intern, you will be working in direct contact with the show's on-air personalities and producers to expand the social media presence of VM.
Recording under the umbrella of Santagato Studios, Veteran's Minimum, the 74th ranked Sports and Recreation Podcast in the world, is a weekly sports podcast and video outlet that covers all major sports including football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, MMA, the Olympics, etc
VM is looking for a social media intern who is both savvy in all the major social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more) and dedicated to spreading timely news as it breaks.
As a social media intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage breaking news and updates, across all social media platforms, in a timely manner.
- Pushing original content through all social media outlets
- Keeping a pulse on the latest news and trends to bring them to life through unbiased posts, polls, surveys, tweets and more.
- Examine emerging social platforms and help implement those that offer opportunities for the VM brand.
- Continue to grow VM's followers on all social media platforms.
- Communicate and collaborate with digital content providers, producers, on-air personalities and fellow interns.
- In pursuit of a media and/or Journalism degree (over 18 years old)
- Must own a smartphone with internet access
- Flexible schedule
- 1-3 years of managing social media accounts, including, but not limited to, personal accounts, with an understanding of its relationship with news, consumers, online marketing and web traffic
- Experience creating 140 character or less headlines and integrating video/photos in posts
- Must have a passion and knowledge for all major college and pro sports
- Excellent sports news judgement and attention to detail including grammar, punctuation, fact-checking and layout.
- Thorough knowledge of trends and pop culture
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with YouTube and Podcasts
- Living in New York is a plus, but not required
Veteran's Minimum is an equal opportunity employer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online