SFS Media Label Manager
San Francisco SymphonySan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The SFS Media Label Manager is responsible for managing operations of SFS Media, the in-house recording label of the San Francisco Symphony. This role will be responsible for long-range planning for the label, identification and development of attractive media projects that support the mission and vision of the SF Symphony, in partnership with Artistic and the Music Director; and financial and business planning of these projects. The SFS Media Manager oversees all aspects of product development, distribution, and financial planning of the Orchestra's multiple recording projects on CD, direct to download, and streaming and works closely with the Manager of Media Production to produce master recordings including all post-production work. This position reports to the Director of Communications and supervises the full time SFS Media Coordinator.
• Developing and managing a portfolio of recording projects and media products to support the mission and vision of the San Francisco Symphony.
• Building and maintaining national and international distribution of past, current, and future SFS Media releases (in all relevant formats, physical and digital).
• Leading a cross-divisional working group for coordination of all activities related to production, marketing, promotion and financial management of recording projects created for SFS Media.
• Managing all aspects of project management for each recording, from budgeting, revenue projection, production planning, post-production audio, design, marketing, and distribution strategies to revenue and royalty payments.
• Working closely with artistic and finance teams on planning, with operations and orchestra personnel on recordings, the audio producer on pre and post production, and variety of vendors in distribution.
• Maintaining the long term strategic plan for SFS Media; developing business cases and business plans for future SFS Media recording and distribution projects.
• Acting as the primary point of contact for all SFS Media products.
• Chair the Media Oversight Committee (MOC), a working group of staff and musicians, addressing all rules and regulations around developing and adhering to union recording agreements.
• Building and broadening media partnerships around streaming channels.
• Strengthening our reach into streaming channels with new projects and content; work across organization in handling all aspects of artistic, financial, and legal.
• Overseeing preparation of sales and royalty reporting to artists and union organizations as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of five years' experience in media label management, media production, project management and/or directly relevant experience.
- Business degree or equivalent experience running a business unit in a small to medium sized organization.
- Candidate must be able to prioritize projects to improve productivity in dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing production and/or distribution of media, negotiations of media agreements and partnerships such as Apple, Spotify, Pandora, GooglePlay, as well as physical distributors
- Experience with the American Federation of Musicians Electronic Media Agreements is a plus
- Experience in audio/video project management
- Experience with financial planning, budgeting, sales analysis, and royalty payments.
- Music knowledge a plus. Familiarity with the classical repertoire a strong plus.
- Able to work independently and well under pressure.
- Strong organization and administrative skills.
- Vendor management experience helpful.
- Non-profit management experience helpful.
The San Francisco Symphony, under Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas, is one of the country's leading orchestras. Over 220 concerts each year reach an audience of more than 450,000, while national and international broadcasts, heard on more than 215 radio stations around the world, reach millions more. The Symphony has its own recording label, SFS Media, and its recordings have won some of the world's highest honors. Its multimedia initiative, Keeping Score, has reached millions with television and radio broadcasts, DVDs, and an interactive website. The Orchestra tours extensively throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States, and its outstanding artistic reputation enables it to attract the world's finest guest artists and conductors to Davies Symphony Hall. More than 70,000 young people are served each year by the Symphony's numerous education programs, including its internationally renowned Youth Orchestra and Adventures in Music (AIM), which reaches every 1st through 5th grader in San Francisco's public schools. The organization is led by President Sakurako Fisher and Chief Operating Officer/Interim Executive Director Derek Dean.
The San Francisco Symphony's mission is to set the highest possible standard for excellence in musical performance at home and around the world; enrich, serve, and shape cultural life throughout the spectrum of Bay Area communities; and maintain financial stability and gain public recognition as a means of ensuring its ability to fulfill its mission.
The San Francisco Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online