Supervisor, Professional Representatives
Sag-AftraLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION PURPOSE: Oversee the day-to-day contract processing and procedures of team, and ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to. Support Management with overseeing the department functions and administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Administer and review team's work to ensure contracts, forms, and documents have been correctly processed, errors or issues have been addressed.
• Regulate workload and coordinate tasks among team and check work with respect to all agency and manager contracts and documents.
• Address member, agent, manager and industry professional inquiries and resolve issues and/or claims while providing excellent service.
• Interpret and enforce the Legacy SAG and Legacy AFTRA Agency Regulations.
• Respond to interpretational questions and assist in the administration of Personal Managers Code of Ethics and Conduct.
• Train staff on policy and procedures, as well as maintain department handbook.
• Maintain contract and document numbers, prepare and maintain confidential files and reports.
• Troubleshoot phone and system(s) issues pertaining to Oracle and Documentum in coordination with department managers.
• Conduct offsite premise inspections of talent agencies and management firms and prepare inspection reports.
• Support internal staff with agency-related issues, questions and events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The bullet points below are standard competencies that are involved in all SAG-AFTRA Job descriptions.)
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively in English.
• Must be a self-starter and team player.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a very high-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple tasks under changing deadlines.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be proficient in PC applications.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor in a high stress environment, where constructive feedback is encouraged.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions), including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school degree and 5 years of relevant experience; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in labor relations or entertainment environment preferred.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge of SAG and/or AFTRA contracts a plus.
• Knowledge of Agency Rules/Regulations, Managers Code of Ethics and Conduct a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations: