Sag-AftraLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Coordinator (Commercials & Corporate/Educational & Non-Broadcast Contracts)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed and the average percent of time spent on each function. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Assists and/or relieves direct supervisor of administrative duties.
• Answers multiple lines, assists callers, screens calls and directs to appropriate staff member.
• Organizes and maintains extensive files; including Assumption Agreements.
• Inputs and retrieves computer data.
• Assists Business Representatives with processing letters and claims; including performer session and use payments, and sending out checks.
• Processes Taft-Hartley reports submitted to SAG-AFTRA.
• Processes/distributes department mail.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Able to research and relay information accurately and promptly.
• Must maintain consistent professional and articulate telephone manner.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both verbal and written form, with members, casting directors, producers, attorneys, etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Oracle.
• Must possess strong spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while dealing with high call volume.
• Demonstrated initiative regarding follow-up procedures on pending matters.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor; flexibility and adaptability to changes in workload and differing work styles of direct supervisors.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: High degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by SAG-AFTRA's attendance policy.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, administrative experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 35 WPM