Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of the Sacramento Kings and the Golden 1 Center. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religious creed, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, gender identity or expression, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
SUMMARY: The Event Manager will be responsible for all aspects of event management and facility operations as related to event execution.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA'S):
• Meeting with clients, promoter representatives, and facility department heads to coordinate event logistics for all arena events.
• Advancing tour and event needs including production, security, hospitality and BOH requirements.
• Creating event communication materials, including facility set-up materials, sold maps, event estimates, floor diagrams, dressing room layouts, etc.
• Creating and explaining event equipment rental estimates and compiling event expense invoices at settlement.
• Reviewing, interpreting and executing event contracts.
• Assisting client through event contracts maximizing efficiency for both the Golden 1 Center and its client.
• On-site facility representative for pre-rigs, load-ins, events, and load-outs.
• Coordinating with all internal departments including, BOH Operations, Box Office, Catering, Concessions, Finance, FOH Operations, Marketing, Merchandise, and Security to ensure smooth event operation.
• Maintaining communication of deadlines to clients as it pertains to contractual obligations, insurance, pyro permits, etc.
• Assisting Box Office with creating and maintaining event-ticketing manifests.
• Coordinating I.A.T.S.E. stagehand calls.
• Coordinating any necessary rental items delivery, operation and return associated with client requests.
• Assisting in Operations projects when needed.
• Serving as Event Manager for Kings games.
• Various other projects and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Sports Administration/Facility Management, Business Administration, Management or related field.
• Two years experience in event management or arena facility management.
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and anticipate projects.
• Computer experience of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
• Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
• Experience with Event Management Software (Eventbooking) preferred .
• The successful candidate must have extraordinary customer services skills and be a strong team player.
• Must be able to handle multi-tasking under extreme deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• The candidate must be attentive to details and resourceful in problem solving.
• The ideal candidate will have exceptional motivation skills and approach each challenge with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
• Capable of working extended hours such as overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Describe your experience event management or arena facility management
• Describe your experience with AutoCAD
• Describe your experience event Event Management Software
• What was the most challenging event you have managed? What problems did you solve?
• What skills/experience are you looking to grow/learn?
• Why do you want to work in the concert/event industry?
• What are your salary expectations, be specific