Sr. Accountant/Accounting Manager
SHEDSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
World class, international film/TV post production and VFX facility seeks a hands-on Sr. Account/Accounting Manager to manage its accounting operations. The ideal candidate will act as a key member of the SHED Finance Team, and will ensure effective implementation, consistency, and alignment to ''best practices'' for the company's G/L, job cost accounting operations and financial reporting.
Sr. Accountant/Accounting Manager:
• Cash flow management, bank and credit card reconciliations, month-end close including bank and credit card reconciliations, WIP analysis, G/L analysis of cash items, fixed assets reporting and management, P&L, balance sheet reconciliation, monthly and annual financial reporting and tracks intercompany transfers, sales commissions, etc.
• Payroll: Inputs to third party software and enters payroll journals, semi-monthly, Vacation/Sick time tracking and journal entries, 401k funding and journals, Flex Spend funding and journals, enters COBRA, medical and dental and other employee benefit journals.
• Taxes: California Sales Tax; Year-end close and 1099 compliance; Primary liaison with CPA for annual review and tax preparation: Completes monthly, quarterly and annual city and state tax returns as required. Coordinates with CPA firm for completion of federal business and personal tax returns for owner.
• Accounts Receivable: Creates client invoices, including correct sales tax, posts client invoices, posts client payments, monitors and follows up on past due client receivables, enters A/R journals.
• Accounts Payable: Oversees payables and check runs, makes electronic payments and wire transfers, makes credit card payments, takes vendor discounts as available, oversees the entry of A/P journals.
Desired Skills Qualifications:
• BS in Accounting or related field
• Experience with Quickbooks a big plus
• 5+ years of experience as a Sr. Accountant or Accounting Manager in a film/TV post production, VFX company or similar service-centric, project business
• Strong working knowledge of GAAP
• Job cost tracking and variance reporting
• Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
• Full-charge Bookkeeping
• Financial reporting, journal entries, complex reconciliations
• Knowledge of payroll and related taxes
• Highly organized and responsive and have the ability to multitask
• Successful at working in a fast-paced team environment and with tight deadlines
• Knowledge and experience with job cost, time management software is a BIG plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced command of Excel and Pivot Tables; Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
Company Description We are the new face of production services and provide first-class international film/TV post production and VFX services. We take an entirely different approach to production and post production. Our recent work includes Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, The Lost City of Z and Live by Night. For information on SHED, visit our website at https://shed.la/ We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are not considering international candidates unless you already have a work visa. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online