Service Desk & Desktop Support Specialist II
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The person in this position is responsible for administrating and maintaining the operations of the Helpdesk, Web Help, Computers, Printers and Video Conferencing systems. This includes extensive troubleshooting of assorted computer, operating system and application issues, as well as maintaining pro-active communication with internal and external customers regarding their help requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed. (Some of these responsibilities will be primary; others may be required as back-up support only)
• Provide first tier computer hardware and software support to staff (both within IT and in other departments).
• Provide telephone support to members accessing SAG-AFTRA services delivered through any of the SAG-AFTRA web sites.
• Operate Helpdesk, handle trouble tickets and work independently to provide timely resolution to problems in accordance with service level agreements. In addition, collaborate with other IT staff members to ensure superior support is provided.
• Make independent judgment calls and reprioritize tasks as needed to ensure appropriate service levels are met for all open issues.
• Follow established procedures for tracking asset inventory (for computers, monitors, phones and other IT equipment).
• Maintain information confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of information that one may encounter or has access to.
• In addition, one or several of the following duties may be included as primary for this position:
• Account administration and provisioning across a multi-platform environment including Windows, Oracle, Documentum, Exchange, etc. This includes, but is not limited to, email accounts, application access, file access and password changes.
• Administration of the Telecommunications and Video Conferencing equipment. This includes hands-on administration of audio and video conferencing equipment such as (but not limited to) MCUs, cameras, projection systems, digital displays, conference phones.
• Provide technology support for computer use, presentations and video conferences at both onsite and offsite locations.
• Maintain and support mobile handheld devices, including account setup, device issuance and control and user training and support.
• Research complex issues to find solutions. Test new software and hardware options.
• Pro-active system monitoring and auditing of all event logs.
• Maintain updated system documentation.
• Participate in long-range planning. Evaluate emerging technologies and make recommendations on technology adoption.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Capable of working effectively under pressure, and to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Proficiency with computer and printer hardware.
• Proficiency with the operation of Video Teleconferencing equipment.
• Proficiency with Windows OS, MacOS and TCP/IP.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware applications.
• Understanding of the entertainment industry a plus but not required.
• Proficiency with Video Conferencing infrastructure and protocols such as CSU, DSU, DS1, DS3, PSTN, xDSL, ISDN, PRI, BRI, H.323, SIP, MPLS, TCP/IP and EIA/TIA cabling standards.
• Strong knowledge of the operations of Polycom codecs, Extron switches, AMX panels, Polycom and Sony cameras, Polycom and BiAMP audio systems.
• Strong knowledge ofMacOS X and Intel-based Apple computers.
• Strong knowledge of handheld mobile operations.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum five (5) years providing computer support, of which two (2) years should include Helpdesk support responsibilities.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• MCSA, MCSE or MacOS-X certification preferred; other certifications may be substituted as appropriate.