SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for processing and reviewing financial transactions and ensuring they are submitted accurately and in a timely manner. Maintain the general ledger accounting system by completing required general ledger account reconciliations, as well as booking monthly journal entries. Prepare documentation for internal controls, support audits, and provide financial schedules and reports for management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.
• Complete assigned monthly ledger entries and other financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles so that the general ledger is accurate and up-to-date.
• Reconcile medium-to-complex accounts and check the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger is accurate and complete.
• Maintain and balance subsidiary ledgers by verifying, allocating, reconciling transactions; identify and resolve discrepancies.
• Prepare and analyze financial schedules and reports for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to Management's attention.
• Lead the internal controls process by sampling, testing, and communicating results.
• Coordinate internal and external audit preparation.
• Liaise with other departments to resolve accounting matters.
• Stay abreast of accounting pronouncements by reading professional publications and attending training.
• Recommends improvements, adaptions, or revisions of procedures and guideline changes, as needed.
• Coach and develop junior staff, as needed.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Experience with computerized ledger systems (Oracle accounting software preferred).
• Strong problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
• Takes initiative, is able to work independently, and exercises professional judgment.
• Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment, maintain good working relationships with external and internal contacts.
• Project a professional demeanor and possess strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
• Attention to detail; accuracy in daily work and other projects.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet required deadlines
• Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Management; and keeps Management informed of any issues that may arise.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both in verbal and written form.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office products ( (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Capable of working effectively under pressure, and to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and , as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field ( Accounting, Finance,) and 5-7 years of relevant experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Experience with SOX control environment preferred
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• CPA preferred