Membership Services Representative
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed and the average percent of time spent on each function. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
associated with work clearance
• Process work clearance requests. (written and verbal)
• Answer follow-up telephone inquiries from casting/production companies and/or members/performers pertaining to work clearance.
• Prepare Station 12 confirmation forms for filing.
• Update computer records managed by Membership Services.
• Prepare documents for Documentum.
associated with joining eligible applicants
• Processes and reviews membership applications.
• Answer telephone, written, and email inquiries from performers pertaining to membership eligibility, member status and leniency requests.
• Mail out, process, and review membership applications.
• Creates basic correspondence by using current templates.
• Updates computer records managed by Membership Services.
• Completes Documentum Scan Cover Sheets and Batch Sheets.
• Maintains files within Membership Services.
• Periodically handle SAG lobby, which is face to face interaction with performers/members regarding joining information and other Membership inquiries.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must be courteous with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrate effective skills in the use of PC applications.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years' Customer Service Experience required.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic skills- Math, Spelling, Grammar, and filing – passing score: 76%
• Typing 35 WPM
• Word and Excel tests (basic and intermediate) – passing score: 76%