SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
Full Time Job
POSITION PURPOSE: Performs a variety of complex duties requiring a thorough knowledge of legal procedures and SAG-AFTRA's procedures and policies. Provides administrative support to the NY Legal Department including coordinating department workflow, maintaining legal database, scheduling and preparing for meetings, filing arbitration demands and court documents, screening phone calls, handling correspondence, and other duties, including occasional government affairs and policy assistance, as assigned by the CDGC and AGC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Screen visitors, telephone calls, referrals and return calls as required.
• Serve arbitration demands; prepare proofs of service.
• Prepare arbitration exhibit books, for hearings, etc.
• Prepare, distribute and archive correspondence including but not limited to arbitration pleadings.
• Put together, handle and track mass mailings of checks and correspondence.
• Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls and submit expense reimbursements.
• Receive and distribute mail.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Prepare expense reports.
• Prepare and submit timesheets and vacation request forms.
• Maintain and organize all department files.
• Maintain a general knowledge of procedures used in the department and the organization.
• May be required to attend, record and compose minutes for meetings.
• Generate correspondence and/or e-mails, as requested.
• Coordinate intern applications.
• Data entry into proprietary database systems; retrieval of documents from the database.
• Maintain current inventory of required supplies for the department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must deal with confidential matters in a professional and discreet manner.
• Strong client service background and excellent communication skills for interaction with members, attorneys, staff, court personnel and industry employer representatives.
• Able to use PC applications (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/Time Matters/Oracle/Documentum).
• Detail oriented.
• Able to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Must possess a high stress tolerance and resilience; work well under pressure.
• Able to professionally field calls from/deal with irate, hostile, and/or difficult personalities.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself accountable to a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• College degree, 2 years' prior legal secretarial experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic Office Skills: Spelling, math, grammar, and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic and intermediate) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 45 WPM
• Writing test (Customer Service Writing Sample)