SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant (President's & Secretary-Treasurer's Offices)
The Executive Assistant provides a high level of dedicated support to our elected President, Vice President and Secretary Treasurer. Responsibilities include: coordinating department projects, coordinating travel arrangements, scheduling, preparing for meetings, events and other commitments elected officials are required to attend. In addition, this position will represent the President's Office in a professional and efficient manner to other industry executives, interacting with SAG-AFTRA elected leadership and union membership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Maintain a general knowledge of SAG-AFTRA both as a whole and as individual departments in order to assist members who have contacted the President's office on various issues.
• Manages a broad range of administrative tasks and projects while prioritizing a complex calendar of executive and operational meetings, requiring significant coordination and follow up.
• Prepare executive level presentations, memos, spreadsheets, and other correspondence.
• Responsible for managing assigned budget and resources, reconciling and approving transactions.
• May be required to attend special events and meetings.
• Coordinate with internal leadership to prepare elected for events.
• Assist with legislative and special events.
• Ensure daily prioritization of communication, finding meeting space, and scheduling conference calls over multiple time zones, while delivering on action items.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Assist and coordinate high profile and community outreach.
• Order and maintain supplies for the department.
• Will work with Guild staff in other departments to leverage information, expertise and industry connections for the achievement of the Guild's goals.
• Manage unique and ongoing projects, supporting SAG-AFTRA initiatives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Exercise proper judgment when faced withbasic to complex situations
• Ability to draft first response to correspondence.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with high profile members producers, representatives from the press, agents or others.
• Must be able to be diplomatic and discreet in sensitive and confidential matters.
• Proactive in identifying and anticipating the elected business needs.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Able to accurately type 50 WPM.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading; database data entry.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions)per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, secretarial training and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in an assistant position required.
• Experience working with high profile members required.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations: