SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Business Representative (TV and New Media Entertainment Contracts)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty or function performed.)
• Interprets and enforces contracts.
• Files claims on behalf of all performers.
• Coordinates with SAG-AFTRA's Legal department on claims referred for arbitration; prepare claims synopses summarizing relevant issues pertaining to claim and claim history; may be required to provide expert testimony in arbitration.
• Communicates with initiating claimants regarding the progress on, and ultimate resolution of their claims; creates reasonable expectations regarding the outcome.
• Interprets and explains to members, signatory companies and third parties involved in the exploitation of -SAG-AFTRA's covered productions, the provisions within the SAG-AFTRA Television Contracts.
• Audits productions for contract compliance on an as needed basis.
• Represents SAG-AFTRA through participation in various committees, workshops, seminars, panel discussions and speaking engagements in the industry. May also serve as a staff liaison to various SAG-AFTRA committees or other posts as may be assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret contracts.
• Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to interact well with members, performers, studio management and staff with discretion and diplomacy.
• Familiarity with Oracle systems would be advantageous.
• Must have comprehensive mathematical knowledge and abilities.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Able to accurately type 35 WPM.
• Able to use PC applications.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office.
• Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to work under pressure and work to imposed deadlines.
• Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree or a combination of 5 years of education and experience in a labor relations or entertainment environment preferred.
• Legal knowledge/experience preferred.
• Juris Doctor degree a plus, but not required.
• Prior contract work experience in Television and New Media platforms and digital technology, including production practices, hardware and software, industry players and entertainment business a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations: