SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant (News and Broadcast)
The Broadcast Administrative Assistant handles all administrative aspects of membership to include, but not limited, to preparing and distributing membership packets, correspondence, as well as processing and updating member information. This role will also support the Los Angeles Broadcast department in preparing correspondence, contract re-openers, and tracking membership status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed).
• Prepares and sends new member applications, as well as responds to, and updates member requests.
• Inputs data to accurately update member records.
• Generates Taft-Hartley letters, grievance letters, and answers general membership inquiries.
• Assists the Senior Broadcast Representative with special membership projects and duties.
• Assists the Broadcast department in administrative functions; to include preparing correspondence, contract re-openers, and tracking membership status.
• Processes and monitors credit card payments for initiation fees.
• Processes membership applications, and maintains database and e-filing systems.
• Calculates and implements approved payment plans based on the amount of dues/fees owed; track and monitor compliance.
• Assists non-members/members in termination status situations.
• Explains the application process and initiation fee obligations, and sending appropriate membership forms as necessary.
• Assists in distributing material, notices and complying with deadlines during the elections period.
• Creates, tracks and monitors ratification related notices, requirements, and deadlines.
• Prepares notifications and contract re-openers to Employers and federal mediation services.
• Creates routine correspondence as needed.
• Provides administrative support as needed.
• Works independently, and takes initiative in correlating and alleviating the workload of the Supervisor and or Business Representative.
• Researches and prepares reports and memorandums as needed.
• Assists in the organization and maintenance of the department.
• Assists with special projects, takes notes when needed, composes correspondence, meeting notifications, and other related duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Be highly proficient in all aspects of the position with track record of mastery and success at administrative support responsibilities.
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner. Ability to deal with people diplomatically and tactfully.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to follow through.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English; in both verbal and written form.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading; database data entry.
• Must be able to be diplomatic and discreet in sensitive and confidential matters.
• Ability to retrieve and relate information accurately and promptly.
• Must detail oriented.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Work independently and as part of a team.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, secretarial training and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• College degree or College courses a plus.
• Previous support experience required.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic skills- math, spelling, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Word and Excel (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing Test – 35 WPM
• Writing test