Temporary East Coast Sales Manager
RodaleNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Rodale is seeking an East Coast Sales Manager/ Director to join our Corporate Sales & Digital Brand team in our New York office. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a talented group of individuals in an exciting team environment.
We are seeking a sales leader who will expand the company’s product reach and ad sales revenues by identifying new markets, attracting new clients and growing current business through strategic partnerships and digital first sales strategy. This person will be responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue quota for sales of online media, researching new business opportunities, identifying likely sales points, and negotiations with prospective clients. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of success in negotiating and closing deals. In addition to key accounts include IPG, Mindshare and more, this person will responsible for our NYC based endemic accounts & client direct conversations for our digital only properties Prevention & Rodale’s Organic Life. , Dentsu Aegis and more.
• Cultivate relationships with new advertisers and agencies to build and maintain deep-level partnerships
• Manage existing client account list - frequent contact, work with marketing to create advertising and marketing proposals, sales presentations, etc
• Work with research, marketing, merchandising and other sales representatives to service and secure additional advertising partners
• Communicate territory progress -weekly status update, territory forecasts, weekly 1:1’s
• Work collaboratively with various brand sellers to help identify new online opportunities and help close integrated cross platform marketing programs for Corporate, Prevention & Rodale’s Organic Life.
Ideal candidate will possess:
• 5 years of experience in online advertising sales and have an extensive list of agency and client contacts
• Ability to represent and promote our cross brand advertising assets, with a focus on Prevention & Rodale’s Organic Life, in a professional manner and demonstrate value added service to clients
• Self-motivated, resourceful and able to work independently with little supervision
• Detail oriented, organized, and possess strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelors Degree in a related field
About Rodale Inc. Rodale Inc. is an independent, healthy, happy living company based in Emmaus, Pennsylvania and New York, New York. Known for launching the organic movement in the U.S. in 1942, the company operates today with a mission to “inspire health, healing, happiness and love in the world. Starting with you.” Through a broad portfolio of best-in-class brands, Rodale reaches more than 100 million people globally through multiple distribution channels, including magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, social, and video. With 100 editions in 67 countries, Rodale publishes the largest, most established health and wellness lifestyle brands, including Men's Health, Prevention, Women's Health, Runner's World, Bicycling, & Rodale’s Organic Life,.