Systems Administrator / Engineer
Full Time Job
RenderStorm Inc. is an expanding Cloud Render Service located in Carlsbad California and is currently seeking a Systems Engineer / System Administrator with 3D knowledge for our Commercial Render Farm to join our team! You will be responsible for our RenderFarm hardware and software, ensuring that the Physical Render Farm is working at peak capacity, with experience deploying complex systems and network solutions in an enterprise environment.
As Systems Engineer / System Administrator you will be responsible for the IT infrastructure of RenderStorm's Datacenter including installation/configuration, software deployment, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. You will deploy, tune, troubleshoot, and maintain the performance of physical and virtual servers, render-nodes and workstations, LAN/WAN/WLAN networks, web services, routers, firewalls, switches, RDP/VPN connections, and storage servers. In addition, you will make recommendations for system and process changes to continually improve and advance the quality of internal infrastructure.
- Broad knowledge of operating systems, hardware, networking equipment, overall passion for technology
- Some Knowledge of 3DSoftware such as 3DS Max, Maya, C4d, etc.
- Experience or some Knowledge with Thinkbox Deadline or another Render Manager
- Experience using deployment software such as SmartDeploy or Windows Deployment Services.
- Experience with storage arrays(RAID, ZFS, Avere and NAS technology), storage management, and backups
- Knowledge of license servers such as RLM and RLMCloud, lmtools and other license servers
- Experience and knowledge in
Active Directory Domain Management
User/Group/Permissions, group policies, and file sharing
Manage group policies * Monitor Network, test for weaknesses, handle updates, evaluate network performance
Cisco Switch IOS knowledge a plus
Cabling/Switching/End User device configuration/troubleshooting
PC setup/maintenance and support
Conducting Internal Audits
Configuring DHCP pools
Install cabling, connectors, and access points
Python Knowledge a Plus
UNIX / LINUX knowledge a Plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 Years experience
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online