Full Time Job
Operations Executive - ReedPOP (Based UK, Richmond, Surrey)
Job Title: Operations Executive
Reports to: Operations Manager
Based in: Richmond, Surrey, UK
Reed Exhibitions excels in creating high profile, highly targeted business and consumer exhibitions and events to establish and maintain business relations, and generate new business. Every year we run over 500 events in 43 countries, bringing together over 7 million active event participants worldwide in 2014. With over 3700 employees in 41 offices around the globe we serve 43 industries worldwide. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
The successful candidate will be working with the ReedPop team on the newly acquired Comic Con shows located in the UK. ReedPop believes in a ''fan first'' philosophy and our customers include names like Marvel, DC Entertainment, Twitch, Lucasfilm, Chevrolet and half a million fans from all over the planet.
We want individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at themselves, the willingness to ask for help when they are over their heads, and the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines, and demanding partners.
Working with the show teams, the Operations Executive will support the Operations Managers in providing all on site-related activity and infrastructures ensuring high levels of fan satisfaction, customer satisfaction, achievement of deadlines, compliance with Health & Safety regulations and full budget control.
As part of the UK based Operations team, you will also have the opportunity to work on and support other events managed from the UK business as well as the ReedPop events.
• Liaise with exhibitors, contractors, venue staff and RX UK teams on all aspects of on-site activity.
• Produce and organise manuals and relevant documentation.
• Work with the Operations Manager to ensure all Health and Safety regulations are complied with.
• Process the approval of stand designs and co-ordinate floor plan layouts ensuring the best yield.
• Working at a variety of venues. There is a considerable amount of travel involved for both site visits and organising the exhibitions.
Ideal candidate profile:
• Experience of event organisation within the exhibition industry, either b2b or b2c
• Good relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• IOSH Managing Safety Certificate (preferred but not essential).
• Excellent multi-tasker.
• Good understanding of relationship management.
• Enthusiastic attitude.
Salary: Competitive package
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations. Or you can apply online at www.reedexpo.com
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV'S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.