Full Time Job
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
ReedPOP is looking for an enthusiastic, driven, customer service oriented person that will assist the merchandise team in the development, manufacturing, sales and fulfillment of exclusive merchandise for all assigned events within the ReedPOP global portfolio, as well as ReedPOPSupplyCo.com. You will have the opportunity to assist in the development and delivery of awesome exclusive merchandise for passionate fans all over the world. What could be cooler than that? The Merchandise Coordinator's role is to assist in implementing the Merchandise Director's vision and plan for the merchandise – both leading up to and onsite at our events. This includes overseeing many ''behind the scenes'' aspects of the merchandise development process, such as submitting and ensuring that invoices are paid in a timely manner, keeping track of individual product development with licensors, keeping records of all warehouse inventory and uploading new products to our e-commerce platforms. A key part of the Merchandise Coordinator's role is to deliver world class customer service for all of our partners and customers. A true passion for toys, collectibles, clothing and rad swag will come in very handy in this role!
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• We want you to be a solution based thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
• You will support all aspects of the merchandise development process and sales cycle for all ReedPOP shows
• Manage all vendor invoices and process payments in a timely matter
• Serve as the ReedPOP Supply co customer service champion and as the liaison to Reed's internal Customer Service department for all merchandise related issues
• Proactively work to ensure that all customer service issues related to merchandise are resolved in a timely manner, handled with a cheerful personality and that the solutions are always in the best interest of our fans
• Manage the submission process for all SKUs with licensing partners (i.e. Disney, Lucasfilm, Marvel, CBS etc.), including keeping track of the various product development phases and ensuring that products comply with all applicable safety standards
• Oversee and assist with the logistics of shipping products into and out of convention centers worldwide
• Ensure that ReedPOPSupplyCo.com is always up to date and that products are represented accurately
• Draft copy for merchandise for websites, newsletters, social media and other collateral.
• Contribute to ideation sessions for new product concepts and new form factors that will appeal to our fans
• Attend all meetings and telephone calls pertaining to merchandise creation, marketing and fulfillment
• Contribute to all licensed product initiatives, including identifying and developing relationships with licensors whose properties appeal to ReedPOP fans
• Conduct focus groups and fan meet ups to better understand the latest trends and types of products that our fans want
• Track status, progress and deliverables for all merchandise
• Maintain an eye for detail and quality on all projects big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines
• Create and cultivate a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with event management, marketing, sales and operations
• Contribute to the strategic and creative development of all marketing materials and merchandise designs for ReedPOP Supply Co
• College degree in a relevant field or equivalent business training or experience
• Minimum of two years relevant merchandising, customer service, fashion, retail and/or marketing experience
• Strong copy writing skills are required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility and a passion for merchandise
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• A true passion for pop culture and our fans
• Some domestic and possibly international travel is required. Approximately 4-5 times per year