Full Time Job
Marketing Manager - ReedPOP (Based UK, Daventry)
JOB TITLE: MARKETING MANAGER
REPORTS TO: EVENT MANAGER
ReedPOP is the largest producer of pop culture events in the world. We build fun on a daily basis and deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for fans around the globe. ReedPOP is built upon a ''fan first'' philosophy, a culture of creativity and an office environment that is open and collaborative. We are a kind-hearted, hard-working, fun-loving group of folks who never take ourselves too seriously. Ask us what the best parts about working at ReedPOP are and we'll quickly answer ''our people and the fans.'' We are a boutique team with all the resources of a large global organization which provides us with the freedom to build fun new businesses and connect fans through the passions they share. Our customers include Marvel, DC Entertainment, Lucasfilm, Funko, DIRECTV, Disney, Nintendo, Image Comics, Weta Workshop, Chevrolet, Graham Crackers Comics, Valiant Entertainment and millions of fans from all over the planet. We are constantly hard at work, making things happen and always trying to deliver more than what is expected of us.
WORKING FOR REEDPOP
ReedPOP wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you're over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. We work how we live and we apply our passion for pop culture to every aspect of what we do. We want someone who can't help but wake up at 3 AM thinking about improving the experience for our fans. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at ReedPOP, the focus is on fans first, regardless of if they're in a three-piece suit or walking around with a four-foot sword made out of cardboard. At ReedPOP, we've found that positive, genuine, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that's the type of person we hire. Bring us your creativity, personality, customer focus and enthusiasm for pop culture – we can't wait to meet you!
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
MCM Expo Group is the UK's largest and most popular Comic Con organisation. We host the most popular Comic Con culture events and memorabilia shows. MCM events provide unique access and amazing personal experiences for consumers. We help grow every participating industry by providing direct access to passionate fans who are very active on all forms of social media.
The Marketing Manager reports directly into the Event Manager and is responsible for a marketing team of 6. The role will involve leading the marketing of all 6 MCM events and responsibility for overseeing PR and Graphic Design. We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, and strong management ability, to help provide exciting marketing for our fast growing brand.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the implementation and execution of the overall marketing, promotion, communication and publicity plans in order to create awareness in the market and drive attendance for the shows. Ideal candidates must be passionate marketers with a true love for brand storytelling and building lifelong connections with an audience. You'll have the opportunity to build marketing plans that cover traditional, new media, guerilla and 'word of mouth' marketing. You will also help design and produce a variety of projects including advertisements, posters, logos, event signage, infographics and much more. We are looking for someone that will really understand and embrace the fans that reside across the UK.
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE
• Develop a vision and plan for the marketing, brand identity and on site experience for regional Comic Con events
• Development, implementation and execution of a comprehensive social media and content plan
• Manage mobile app development, updates and marketing
• Manage digital marketing asset creation, delivery and strategy
• Regularly update copy, images and announcements on the Comic Con websites
• Maintain, update and monitor social media accounts on a daily basis
• Create and edit compelling video and photographic content that will be showcased on our social channels and websites
• Conduct focus groups and fan meet ups to better understand the fans in UK
• Develop marketing partnerships in the local market and surround markets in order to drive awareness and ticket sales for the regional Comic Con events
• Create and cultivate a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with event management, sales, operations and talent/content
• Proactively seek out the newest trends in communication vehicles (Mobile Apps, Social Media, Digital Media, etc.) and recommend how to incorporate the latest trends successfully into our marketing plans
• Ensure all messaging and imagery represents ReedPOP positively and authentically
• Create, negotiate and execute a full media plan with current partners and research new partners
• Develop onsite brand experiences that are immersive and visually stunning for our fans and partners
• Collaborate with outside agency partners as needed
• Track status, progress and ROI of all marketing campaigns
• Maintain an eye for detail and quality on projects big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines
• Degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years of marketing consumer products, event marketing or relevant and related experience required
• Strong understanding of all social media platforms, including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter – both as a marketer and as a user
• Strong management skills with the ability to demonstrate clear leadership and support for the team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly organised, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility and a passion for our brands.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• A true passion for pop culture and our fans
• Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• A high level of flexibility is required from this role as it will involve some weekend and evening work particularly in the build up to and on the weekends of shows and events