Content Marketing Lead - PAX
Full Time Job
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
PAX is a festival for gamers of all genres to come together and celebrate the culture of gaming. Unreleased games, big booths, compelling panels, game music concerts, the gaming community and industry support puts PAX far above any other show on the planet. What makes PAX special is its total focus on community, culture and the gamers themselves. The PAX Content Marketing Lead will work closely with Penny Arcade to create and market all of the incredible content that will come to life at our PAX events. This role is responsible for the implementation and execution of the overall marketing, promotion, communication and publicity plans in order to create awareness in the market and drive attendance for PAX. Ideal candidates must be passionate marketers and content creators with a true love for the gaming industry. You'll have the opportunity to build marketing plans that cover digital, traditional, social media, guerilla and 'word of mouth' marketing. You will also help design and produce a variety of projects including advertisements, posters, logos, event signage, infographics and much more. Beyond just marketing you will also play a role in helping create and curate compelling content that video game fans will love. What could be cooler than that?
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• Develop a vision and plan for the marketing of the shows content and on site experience at PAX
• Development, implementation and execution of a comprehensive social media and content distribution plan
• Manage mobile app development, updates and marketing
• Manage digital marketing asset creation, delivery and strategy
• Responsible for writing, designing and deploying weekly newsletters
• Regularly update copy, images and announcements on the event website
• Maintain, update and monitor the events social media accounts and forums on a daily basis
• Create and edit compelling video and photographic content that will be showcased on our social channels, forums and websites
• Conduct focus groups and fan meet ups to better understand PAX fans
• Create and cultivate a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with event management, sales, operations and talent/content
• Proactively seek out the newest trends in communication vehicles (Mobile Apps, Social Media, Digital Media, etc.) and recommend how to incorporate the latest trends successfully into our marketing plans
• Participate with the team on the panel submissions selection process so you are completely educated on what is happening at the show.
• Ensure all messaging and imagery represents PAX and ReedPOP positively and authentically
• Create, negotiate and execute a full media plan with current partners and research new partners
• Develop onsite brand experiences that are immersive and visually stunning for our fans and partners
• Collaborate with outside agency partners as needed
• Maintain an eye for detail and quality on projects big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines
• Relationship management, customer service, attention to detail and follow up are vital components of this role
• Collaborate with the team to conceive unique, original, best-in-class content ideas that will delight fans and drive media impressions for the PAX events
• Track internal deadlines for all announcements, printed materials, onsite signage and assets
• Contribute ideas and solutions on how to improve the content and overall experience at our events
• Ensure that all PAX events fit within the guidelines of what it means to be a PAX event and that the PAX brand is correctly positioned internally and externally for future growth
• College degree or equivalent business training or experience preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of marketing consumer products, event marketing or relevant and related experience required
• Experience in the gaming industry and/or related field is preferred
• Strong copy writing skills are required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong understanding of all social media platforms, including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter – both as a marketer and as a user
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility and a passion for our brands.
• Must be able to create and manage a marketing budget
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We are looking for an individual who is a creative thinker and a problem solver – someone who can bring innovative ideas to grow the brand and the business and be capable of executing upon them.
• We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
• Strong conceptual planning, creative vision, and innovation skills.
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• A true passion for video games, pop culture and our fans
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Some travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year