Full Time Job
Account Executive - ReedPOP (Based in UK)
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
LOCATION: LONDON/DAVENTRY: can be field-based
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
MCM Expo Group is the UK's largest and most popular Comic Con organisation. We host the most popular Comic Con culture events and memorabilia shows. MCM events provide unique access and amazing personal experiences for consumers. We help grow every participating industry by providing direct access to passionate fans who are very active on all forms of social media.
The Account Executive reports into the Senior Account Manager and will have responsibility for delivering revenue targets, expanding our client base and client retention. Success in the role will be achieved through a combination of new business development and account management so a successful track record in both is essential.
This role is perfect for hard working, driven sales professionals who is willing to be completely immersed in the pop culture industry in order to identify customers and trends that will lead to sales. The goal is to build lasting, direct, intimate engagement between brands and the highly influential fans from across the country. You will be responsible for achieving specific sales goals by cultivating, managing, engaging, retaining and monetizing relationships that you build with your customers. While driving sales and developing relationships will be your main focus, you'll also be asked to do a little bit of everything. This job will require you to engage with our marketing, programming and operations departments on a regular basis. You will also work closely with the Event Managers to develop bespoke brand activations, partnership opportunities and innovative selling strategies across a variety of mediums.
• Account management for onsite traders and enforcement of terms and conditions on and off site
• Exhibitor account management for small/ medium sized exhibitors
• Responsible for growing all client accounts to achieve retention, profitability and relationship expansion
• Identify new opportunities and manage the sales cycle converting prospects to clients
• Maximise all sales opportunities and leads
• Responsible for new business pitches and proposals, working with Marketing team to deliver creative content, ideas and messaging.
• Responsible for proactively forecasting revenue and growth within your accounts
• Responsible for keeping prospect and sales database up to date
• Responsible for account management and administration relating to all bookings
• Adhoc projects for the Event Manager and the C.O.O
• Delivering and exceeding revenue targets
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• We want you to be a solution based thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Must possess the ability to follow through the entire sales cycle with a high attention to detail
• Ability to effectively sell and present face to face with all levels of prospects from coordinator up to C level
• Proactively monitor the latest industry trends, competitive environment, sponsorship climate, the big players and main issues in order to make educated recommendations regarding our sales strategy
• Must hit specific call and touchpoint minimums while developing exciting products and packages for your customers
• You will be expected to prepare and present effective proposals, maintain well organized documentation and reports, utilize internal CRM systems and deliver world class customer service for your customers
• Work with the ComicCon show team, other sales executives and senior management to develop ongoing retention strategies, new sales tools and innovative programs that will drive annual increases in overall sales increases and retention for your assigned show
• Create and cultivate a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with event management, marketing, content, and operations
• Ability to manage a sales pipeline, effectively manage up and across the internal organization and aggressively close business
• Ability to understand and sell multiple products across multiple events
• Have an ownership mentality and operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
• Successfully adhere to all productivity standards and utilize the latest best practices and standards including inputting accurate and complete data, managing your territory, hitting daily output goals, weekly strike rates and managing your assigned budgets
• Personally secure all signed contracts and ensure that payments for all space reservations and sponsorships are made in full and sent in on time
• Identify and grow new opportunities within your territory and collaborate with the show teams to ensure and cultivate new growth
• Be innovative in your approach and always think about what will authentically appeal to the audience while also delivering the results that your clients are looking for
• Must maintain an eye for detail on all sales opportunities big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines and drive awareness
• Focus on the retention of all current and previously lapsed exhibiting customers in your territory
• Degree in a relevant field or equivalent business training or experience
• Solid years of prior sales experience required
• Experience in sponsorship and/or media sales in the entertainment, sports, events or pop culture industries is preferred
• Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence at all organizational levels including executive and C-level
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Highly organised, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about their customers and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• A true passion for pop culture and our fans
• A high level of flexibility is required from this role as it will involve some weekend and evening work particularly in the build up to and on the weekends of shows and events